Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Eastern Shore Limeade

Greetings and salutations to all From the Eastern Shore of the Delmarva Peninsula , I just recently purchased a '11 lime squeeze SES 5-spd as a new DD. I know it's not a ST model, not trying to make a complete clone as some people wish. Just looking to make the best of various upgrades that I can use for comfort and durability as I'm putting 100 miles a day on the car driving back and for to work. Car has 104k miles on it, got it for a steal at $2k from a co-worker. So far as I know from driving it needs some bushings/front end pieces, it has some minor vibrations at 60 mph, and would like a rear disk conversion, I personally dislike drums. Looking into best tire size option and radio upgrade as the CD player is shot. maybe gut it all and put in a nice double dinn,

Attachments

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome!
Yeah, I'd start with some fresh bushings. I know there's a rear disc kit for the base Fiesta, but I don't know much about it.
The folks on the regular Fiesta forum do a lot of that sort of thing. They like to mess with the handling and other upgrades, because there's not much you can do to make it faster.
https://www.fordfiesta.org/

OP
Turnpike7a
Thread Starter #3
i tried checking out fiesta faction, but the site is pretty much dead, few posts i read mentioned that many ST parts are interchangeable hence when i joined. not overly worried about a "faster" ride, this was purchased intentionally for long drives, just want better quality parts IE delrin/brass bushings, high temp silicone hoses etc instead of basic "short life" constantly replaced parts, been wrenching on cars long enough to know where quality parts matter

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
i tried checking out fiesta faction, but the site is pretty much dead, few posts i read mentioned that many ST parts are interchangeable hence when i joined. not overly worried about a "faster" ride, this was purchased intentionally for long drives, just want better quality parts IE delrin/brass bushings, high temp silicone hoses etc instead of basic "short life" constantly replaced parts, been wrenching on cars long enough to know where quality parts matter
Try the forum I linked. People post every day there, and they do that sort of thing.

Greetings and salutations to all From the Eastern Shore of the Delmarva Peninsula , I just recently purchased a '11 lime squeeze SES 5-spd as a new DD. I know it's not a ST model, not trying to make a complete clone as some people wish. Just looking to make the best of various upgrades that I can use for comfort and durability as I'm putting 100 miles a day on the car driving back and for to work. Car has 104k miles on it, got it for a steal at $2k from a co-worker. So far as I know from driving it needs some bushings/front end pieces, it has some minor vibrations at 60 mph, and would like a rear disk conversion, I personally dislike drums. Looking into best tire size option and radio upgrade as the CD player is shot. maybe gut it all and put in a nice double dinn,
Come join us on the dark side at https://www.fordfiesta.org/ . But stay here as well, there are lots of great threads to watch. One of my favorites is "What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?" It has tons of great stuff that applies to all Fiestas.