Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ebay scam...got sold a non ST FRPP CBE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recieved my FRPP aka Borla CBE and had it installed today. The sound is great but the tip placement is horrible. The sit almost 4 inches below the bumper cut out. Anyone else have this issue? The sound is great but I can't believe Borla would have the tips sit so low.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Damn...Appears as if the muffler exit pipes were installed upsize down or the hangers not welded in proper locations...

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
How could a huge company like Borla let this out to the public? Going back to the exhaust shop later to have the tips cut off and re-welded to the correct height.

TheStig

That is vile... I would call whomever you ordered it from or whoever would handle a quality control claim. Make them pay to ship yours back and ship you a new one.

My stomach is upset by this.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Seriously though, that's horrible. From the pictures it sort of looks like the muffler is in the right spot, so I'm assuming the rest of the install is correct considering the fact that it's difficult to hold the muffler in place if you can't line up the hangers. I would contact the distributor and send them pics and see if they can get resolution. It looks like something designed for the non-ST, which doesn't have the exhaust cutout that we do.

Edit: Did you order a non-ST exhaust?

OP
M
Thread Starter #9
No I bought the kit from another seller who replaced it with a Cobb CBE.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Yeah, he bought a non-ST exhaust. That would explain why he was selling it. I didn't see anything in the catalog for the ST.

meFiSTo

To be honest, my Borla CBE sits a little low (not tight to the plastic), but nothing like that. I don't mind since the thing gets mighty hot. The one you show does look like it is meant to clear a valance that does not have a cutout.

The Borla part # is 140525 for the ST. You need to get your money back............

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

dyn085

2000 Post Club
OP
M
Thread Starter #16
Well you guys are correct. Looking at the tip measurements and the lack of a cross member connecting the two exhaust tips I did indeed get duped. The exhaust is for a non ST.

Status
Not open for further replies.