Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

EBC Bluestuff NDX Brakepads

I was reached out to by EBC to do a review of the EBC Bluestuff NDX pads, I was sent a set of FRONT EBC Bluestuff NDX pads for review for free.

Install went without issues, caliper slides we're greased during install. Rotors we're replaced with Centric blank coated rotors on all 4 corners. Fluid was flushed with Prestone DOT 4 with a Motive power bleeder.

The setup is EBC Bluestuff in the front and Motorcraft "summer" pads in the rear.

Overall initial thoughts (1 month after install)

Initial bite is stronger than EBC Yellowstuff.
Modulation and power seem good once pads are warm.
Dust seems similar to Ford and EBC Yellowstuff
Cost is still high compared to Motorcraft summer pads.
Pads were functional down to 0F without concern during cold breaking.

2 months after install
Thoughts after track day (DCTC, Rosemount, MN)
The EBC Bluestuff NDX were solid in the morning, would make for a good autocross pad where the actual run only takes a minute, however they are still overheated after 15min on the track, after four 15min sessions the pedal was mushy (due to overheated fluid) and everything was smokey after driving through the paddock, after a mile cooldown drive everything was still functional but the pedal was still mushy.
All that being said, at the end of the day these still had the power to engage the ABS all day long even when hot, the pad wear was also improved from the EBC Yellowstuff (1/2 worn after 1 track event), and the Motorcraft "summer" compound pads (1/2 worn after 1 track event), the EBC Bluestuff pads were only 1/3 worn after this weekends driving event.

The next day the brakes were re-blead, after taking the car for a spin.
There was a slight squeak when coming to a stop (nothing excessive and only audible with the windows down).
The pedal feel has mostly returned to pre track day firmness - mostly due to degraded brake fluid
There is still plenty of stopping power to haul the car down from speed.

At the track day I spent some time driving a friends BMW E46 330i that is half gutted, with Hankook RS4 and Hawk DTC-30 pads. There was a significant improvement in breaking performance in the BMW as well as zero brake fade and sponginess even after a 15 min session, I imagine this performance improvement is from the larger rotors as well as improved brake cooling, its amazing how good a track prepped street car can be.

All in all, the EBC Bluestuff pads a pretty solid, especially if you are doing autocross type events. for longer track days, or larger tracks they reach their limit pretty quick. a dedicated track pad with some brake cooling would go a long way vs the factory setup. For actual track use and would really improve the confidence going into a corner. They are still pretty spendy but their improved feel and life is much better for a similar price to the Yellowstuff pads. The cost difference may not be worth it compared to the Motorcraft "summer" pads.