Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Eibach Anti-Roll Bar Kit

Magnetic

Hey Guys/Girls,

What are your thoughts on this kit? I'm going to pick this up next month but wanted your input/experience.

Did it significantly tighten up the car? Was it an instant "Whoa I can def feel the difference" situation?

Thanks in advance!

1633464978336.png

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've got the Cobb repackaged version of that. My car corners FLAT. Directional changes are near instant. Very noticeable imrpovement. And this was AFTER I did the front/rear bracing and MR coils. I do sways on everything I've owned. My modded Mazda 5 has the oem speed3 sways on it, so I'ma fan of sways! lol

You'll hear a lot of guys say it makes the car tail happy and that is just false....at least for highway off ramp hooning. My rear will come around but I've never experienced snap oversteer. I can't speak to behavior at a track or autoX.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #3
I've got the Cobb repackaged version of that. My car corners FLAT. Directional changes are near instant. Very noticeable imrpovement. And this was AFTER I did the front/rear bracing and MR coils. I do sways on everything I've owned. My modded Mazda 5 has the oem speed3 sways on it, so I'ma fan of sways! lol

You'll hear a lot of guys say it makes the car tail happy and that is just false....at least for highway off ramp hooning. My rear will come around but I've never experienced snap oversteer. I can't speak to behavior at a track or autoX.
Daaaang! I'm surprised that it is noticeable even with all the bracing!! Ok I'm starting to get pumped now. haha

I'm planning to add bracing in the read so thats good to know. I've got coils coming sometime soon and it seems from what you're saying, I'll still see big gains even after several suspension and chassis mods. I have the 6pt pierce brace on the front but am planning to add the Summit tunnel bracing as well.

Is there a difference between the COBB and the Eibach or is it just branding?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I did the proto type testing of this kit with Eibach.
I found that the front bar (1 inch) was too stiff for my taste.
Ford made the bar too small in the first years of the FiST and I found the NON-Turbo fiesta front bar to be just right.
I believe in late 2016 Ford changed to the NON-Turbo fiesta front bar in the FiST.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #6
I did the proto type testing of this kit with Eibach.
I found that the front bar (1 inch) was too stiff for my taste.
Ford made the bar too small in the first years of the FiST and I found the NON-Turbo fiesta front bar to be just right.
I believe in late 2016 Ford changed to the NON-Turbo fiesta front bar in the FiST.
I have a 2016 and the body roll is pretty bad at least with my setup right now.

When you say too stiff for my taste what d you mean? What did you not like about the responsiveness of the stiffer bar?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
When you say too stiff for my taste what d you mean? What did you not like about the responsiveness of the stiffer bar?
With the 1 inch bar there too much understeer at high/track speeds.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The 1st factor of any chassis tuning is driving style which will define preference. It's why threads like this have wildly different opinions of what you feel vs what the next guy feels or even what should be done and in what order.

That being said, I did the braces 1st. Then the coils. Honestly, I could have stopped there but there was still a bit of sway. I could have cranked the stiffness on the coils but then daily comfort would suffer. So sways we're the next step.

I recommend you do the same staged approach and stop when ur car feels how YOU want it to feel for the way YOU drive.

Bracing should make no difference in what a sway bar will do or what you feel with and without a sway bar.
I disagree. While design intent differs, they both effect lateral stiffness to some degree.

Daaaang!.......

Is there a difference between the COBB and the Eibach or is it just branding?
Supposedly just branding

Last edited:

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Braces deal with stiffness of the chassis itself. Sway bars deal with body lean. Of the whole body leaning over the suspension. You can't fix body lean with chassis stiffeners; it has to do with the springs. How much do you think the chassis flexes at the tops of the front shock towers? Am eighth inch? Not even that much? Sway bars deal with the right side of the car wanting to be 3 inches lower in a hard left hand turn.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My bad. Then let's be specific. I was thinking of the rear brace that stiffens up the rear beam and the small LCA brace - the ones I have. They both change the dynamic in terms of over and understeer. Albeit much less than sways do.

The larger braces that go further back along the subframe or mid-ship, I agree, don't effect lateral dynamics as much if at all

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #11
I don't track the car at this time but am honestly so over the body roll. When I do some spirited driving I push it only until I see the stability control light up. Once I see that I don't push it further. I take it as a sign that I'm at the limit. (I'm sure the limit is higher) So I'm trying to simply raise that limit before the computer steps in. I never drive it with any computer safety stuff off. I've got the Coils on the way and tires (660's) ready to mount. I just want more pancake instead of roll. The car probably looks sketch on the road when it's leaning and I want it to look PRO when I take a turn. (preference) When I'm on the highway I rock it left and right fairly quickly and I can see and feel the roll and want to eliminate that as much as possible.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Body roll will always be a challenge with this car, center of gravity is high. Coils and tires are a great first step. Run with those a bit then see what you want to improve on.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #13
Body roll will always be a challenge with this car, center of gravity is high. Coils and tires are a great first step. Run with those a bit then see what you want to improve on.
For sure, that's def the plan right now and yeah the car is not a Miata so roll is tough but any mitigation that helps will be on the list for upgrading.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just picked up a new one a couple of months ago. Read any review about them. It's always mentioned. They roll like crazy but still handle really, really well. I would go coils and sways on it but it's my wife's. Cuz race car is not a valid reason to her lol

Last edited:
OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #17
Just picked up a new one a couple of months ago. Read any review about them. It's always mentioned. They roll like crazy but still handle really, really well. I would go coils and sways on it but it's my wife's. Cuz race car is not a valid reason to her lol
LoL