Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Eibach lowering kit rear spring clunk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
So im running eibachs on stock 17 struts with a 16 front swaybar. My dampers are a bit aged. And i have been thinking of tossing the 17' stock springs i got with the setup on the car when i re do the shocks. My main thing for suspension is everytime weight comes off one of the rear corners ( or both on a hard bump) i get some popping and clunking from the rear suspension. Everything is 103k miles old.

Wondering if this is a sypmtom of the soft springs, or the stock spring pads have collapsed ( how good are the powerflex ones?)
OE dampers for a 17 are rather inexpensive, or should i look toward koni or bilstein.

Trying to stretch my dollar some and gain some ride height and comfort to battle the poor road conditions and steep driveways.

the biggest change I've found that helps ride quality is dropping down a wheel size, but that doesn't help approach angle

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Im on my 15" winters currently. But the clunk pop happens regardless of wheel/tire combo.