Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

EJ Swapped Fiesta

So, I just learned this is a thing. I know 4g63s are popular, but a ej207 is an interesting swap. With a GTX3076r and some help from RCM is should be a fairly reliable 400whp monster.

1580403024532.png
1580403045288.png
1580403055690.png
1580403064266.png

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I saw this on the facebook. Very cool although I am not sure the EJ would be my first choice of an engine in anything. So unreliable. At 400whp though it should be fine.

I saw this on the facebook. Very cool although I am not sure the EJ would be my first choice of an engine in anything. So unreliable. At 400whp though it should be fine.
This. Love the concept of Subaru's, hate the piss poor design and reliability of them. Although the overseas only EJ207 is apparently much more reliable then the shit tier ej257 we got, makes more power, has a twin scroll turbo and revs to 8k!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As long as they installed some reliability with a full engine build (which fully addresses ALL of the EJ's shortcomings, or just use whatever Subaru Rally Team USA is using), it should be OK.

And it has to help the center of gravity a little bit with the boxer configuration. [driving]

But I'd rather just get whatever block/setup M-Sport is using, and keep it all in the family, if I were building my own pure rally/track ride. [wink]

OP
Shikari
Thread Starter #6
As long as they installed some reliability with a full engine build (which fully addresses ALL of the EJ's shortcomings, or just use whatever Subaru Rally Team USA is using), it should be OK.

And it has to help the center of gravity a little bit with the boxer configuration. [driving]

But I'd rather just get whatever block/setup M-Sport is using, and keep it all in the family, if I were building my own pure rally/track ride. [wink]
Subaru Rally Team USA is running a high compression EJ207 with a dry sump and Garrett TR30R. Someone posted a block for sale ages ago and it's something crazy like 11.5:1. It makes sense since there are HP limits but not torque limits in open class.

This. Love the concept of Subaru's, hate the piss poor design and reliability of them. Although the overseas only EJ207 is apparently much more reliable then the shit tier ej257 we got, makes more power, has a twin scroll turbo and revs to 8k!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
The EJ207 is significantly more reliable than the EJ257. The V7 EJ207 was when they started doing AVCS and Semi-Closed Decks, and with a smaller rotational mass it revs high and puts less stress on the rods. I believe they didn't go twin scroll until the V8.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My guess is that this ride is being built for the Brit National Rally Championships, given it's right hand drive configuration?? [dunno]

OP
Shikari
Thread Starter #8

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, the passenger (or co-driver) seat is what made me think stage rally use, and I did not notice at first, that there is NO rally odometer/computer in front of the passenger seat at all (and it looks like there's no co-driver foot rest either) .

I'm guessing he will use that seat for 'ride alongs'?