Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Emissions/EVAP connections on COBB and Mountune vs. stock (help?)

trmnlfrst

Military Veteran
Need some direction on my 2019 ST. Bought it used with the COBB intake/CAI already on it. I'm not a fan of that setup and want to install the Mountune piece. Referencing the pictures, I'm unsure what stock connections existed and were presumably rerouted/connected differently for the COBB piece. Check my crude reference with the yellow triangles, singular fitting (yellow triangle) on the side of the COBB piece to the push lock (yellow triangle) and then the two hoses I zip tied together (for this picture) are connected in normal operation. In moving to the Mountune piece the black anodized fitting obviously has two connections, what should I do here, anyone know?

Attachments

From my 2019 Fiesta with the Mountune Intake package. Note, Bubba has been doing some ham handing on your engine. The hose with the corrugated cover is a molded plastic line that goes down to the intake manifold below the projection tube for the Symposer. What you have right now is much too short your previous owner probably had that carburetor fitting pressed into a hole in the airbox. What was done with the correct port is unknown but I suspect that you'll find it has a Quick Disconnect Fitting with a plugged tube mounted to it. To get all this correct you'll have to spend some time with your Ford parts man identifying the hose assembly and I expect it with come with the QD fittings mounted to the molded line and likely cost about 100 dollars. I'll also tell you to not even try to recover the old fittings, at work we have made assemblies like this and you have to heat the ends of the tubing to about 150 degrees F to get them to slide onto the fittings, we always used a heat gun for this. Once assembled that tubing shrinks onto the fitting and they wont ever come apart.

Last edited:
OP
T

trmnlfrst

Military Veteran
Thread Starter #3
Thanks Scooter, I appreciate the picture and your explanation, I'll be on the right track I believe. And note, you ain't kidding about Bubba, check out my other post from a year ago after first taking delivery of this car at 9k miles and finding out a blown up battery had caused a fair amount of damage.