Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

EML & potential link to cruise control?

Kris

Hi - I am new to forum and would like some advice please? I purchased my 2015 ST in Sept last year. Within a couple of months the EML came on, this was reset by the (dealer) garage with 'no fault found'. A short while after, and immediately after using cruise control the EML light came on again (I had a suspicion these were connected, but there was no evidence) - A friend used diagnostic testing software, (Ford engineer using Ford software), -the fault code came back with 'something to do with the cat' - excuse my ignorance/memory loss - am lady who loves her car and understands many technical terms, but not everything. Can't remember if the 'fault' was post or pre cat but it wasn't considered a major issue - the car was running perfectly, no issues - the EML was reset and no issues at all for the next twelve months. This weekend I travelled on the M1 and decided to use cruise control whilst going through the road works restricted speed and 'smart lanes', changing settings from 50 - 60 when permitted. Within about ten miles of using CC, the EML illuminated - again, no issue with car - still running smoothly. I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this issue - and if there's a way of resetting EML without going to a dealer?- [my Ford contact no longer works for Ford!]. I'm a regular motorway user and with my previous suspicions regarding the EML connection to cruise control I'd chosen not to use CC during the past twelve months - for some reason this time I thought I'd give it another go- use the 'technology' etc. to avoid being caught out by the cameras, the coincidence seems obvious to me and if the technology is available, I want to be able to use it without it triggering the EML light. [understand all the related comments about why on earth anyone would want to use CC, but this choice was in relation to not being picked up by cameras and wanting to maintain a consistent speed!) Thanks in advance for your comments/responses... Kris