Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

End of an Era - Goodbye little Fiesta

CSM

1000 Post Club
After nearly 9 years and 113k miles of ownership, I said goodbye to my Fiesta. Sold it last Friday to a close friend who I autocross with. He purchased it for his son, and they are going to continue to work on it and race it once his son learns manual. They are thrilled with the purchase and I am happy it went to a good home!

The FiST is probably the best car I've owned to date. For a do it all fun hot hatchback, it really doesn't get any better than the recipe Ford created. It was just time to move on as the car was aging, and I was craving something new.

I'm very sad but I'm happy it went to a good home - here is the photo of when I picked it up, and also on the day I sold it.

I'll stick around the community for sure!

Attachments

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
For being 9 years old, it looks super clean in your last picture. Obviously you took good care of it.

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I would love to also transition from a FiST to a GR Corolla... when dealers come back down to earth from whatever crazy high they're riding on
It's getting a lot easier to get them at or near MSRP. Pretty much weekly now, I'm seeing dealers post in the facebook groups cars available at MSRP - you just have to be willing to jump on them immediately and travel. I got lucky that I found one within 2h

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
It's getting a lot easier to get them at or near MSRP. Pretty much weekly now, I'm seeing dealers post in the facebook groups cars available at MSRP - you just have to be willing to jump on them immediately and travel. I got lucky that I found one within 2h
I looked but man, i think im getting old. I don't want another small bumpy hatch with a manual lol, all those injuries are adding up to next car being an automatic

I have a grom to get my jollies now - refrigerator shaped man doing wheelies at 15mph lets goooooo

ronmcdon

thats really good to hear. about 38k for a Core trim with the performance pkg (just the diffs) would be a fantastic value. really its one of the best replacements for the Fiesta you can get today, if one wants a new car.

Good choice to stay away from the CTR. The overheating issues on the track seem like it might not be fixable.

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I looked but man, i think im getting old. I don't want another small bumpy hatch with a manual lol, all those injuries are adding up to next car being an automatic

I have a grom to get my jollies now - refrigerator shaped man doing wheelies at 15mph lets goooooo
Ugh, want a Grom so bad lol.

I feel ya though on the hot hatch thing. I actually test drove a new IS500 before buying the Corolla. Loved it, and would have been the ultimate daily, but just too much of a stretch purchase right now.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
thats really good to hear. about 38k for a Core trim with the performance pkg (just the diffs) would be a fantastic value. really its one of the best replacements for the Fiesta you can get today, if one wants a new car.

Good choice to stay away from the CTR. The overheating issues on the track seem like it might not be fixable.
Just missed test driving a Circuit Edition today at Toyota of Hollywood it just got sold. Did get to sit in it. Take some pics they will have a Core in a few weeks they gave me price sheet of $39,445 on it. The add ons listed on it were Performance package aka Torsen diff front a rear with red brakes with GR logo and cold wether package ( in socal :LOL:) aka heated seats and steering wheel and tech package JBL premoium sound qi wireless charging for $2450 more delivery process and handling $1096. Now if you cut out the cold weather package that would give you the car for $38,950 with the tech and Performance but I gotta admit the Circuits seats and interior was nice and the Concave wheels stock were dope as hell . This cars interior is nice and it’s so much better in person. I sp wanted to drive it. IMG_9226.jpeg IMG_9227.jpeg IMG_9232.jpeg IMG_9231.jpeg IMG_9230.jpeg IMG_9226.jpeg IMG_9226.jpeg IMG_9227.jpeg IMG_9232.jpeg IMG_9231.jpeg IMG_9230.jpeg IMG_9229.jpeg IMG_9228.jpeg

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Looks super good in that color!

I'm at 1,500 miles on mine now. I should be doing the first oil change this weekend. Absolutely loving this car - if you can snag a Circuit Edition at or near MSRP - do it! They are going to hold their value far more than the Cores

ronmcdon

thats my favorite, Heavy Metal paint I think available with only the circuit edition. maybe also morizo trim but definitely not Core trim.

how bad was the Circuit markup on that?

agreed Circuit is the one to get for close to MSRP if you can spend the extra. Has better seats than core and hood vents should help somewhat with cooling. Morizo makes no sense at all.

any known weaknesses with the car? hopefully no overheating issues if you can upgraded radiator, ic and oil cooler (which is pretty much something one should do anyways)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
thats my favorite, Heavy Metal paint I think available with only the circuit edition. maybe also morizo trim but definitely not Core trim.

how bad was the Circuit markup on that?

agreed Circuit is the one to get for close to MSRP if you can spend the extra. Has better seats than core and hood vents should help somewhat with cooling. Morizo makes no sense at all.

any known weaknesses with the car? hopefully no overheating issues if you can upgraded radiator, ic and oil cooler (which is pretty much something one should do anyways)
Just test drove a Core in Glendale. It was nice and it is fun. Had to drive it around city streets but it definitely is quick for stock. They had MSRP on the window but the sales guy was let me get you the numbers. So I said down and waited he came back with a price of of $47500 :ROFLMAO: Told me they were asking 10 over but he got it down for me:ROFLMAO: I started walking he starts chasing me. Throwing out all the typical sales questions .

Got by the door and I had told him in front of his manager I will pay MSRP. Then he throws out the oldest sales line in the book If I could get it for that today would you buy today. :ROFLMAO: I told him look I know auto sales and that’s one of the oldest lines in the book . I turned and walked out the door my 19 was parked right in front as I get in and buckle up the sales manager comes running up with a sheet with $4300 written on it and goes I can do $4300 and I am like no MSRP or not interested.

He goes into this song and dance how he has people calling him from the bay are to buy it ( They had two cores by the way) and how dealers up there are charging 15k over and I am like great why don’t you sell it them. :ROFLMAO: Then he starts saying no one has it which is not too far from the truth but I told him I know other dealers I will pay MSRP. It was shear comedy . They did sense they had a possible sale but they managed to kill a possible deal out of their own greediness . I have never had a sales manager chase me out the door before:LOL:

Anyways ya I don’t want a Black Core which were the two they had. Especially after sitting in a Circuit it’s the Circuit I would buy. I may wind up ordering one. Not from them of course.

Only issue I have seen is the test driver who is IMSA driver on the SavageeGeese comparo vid overheated the rear diff on the track not sure what he was doing .

They were testing it against a CTR, Golf R , Elantra N . Funny thing is out of all the Youtube reviews I have they were the only ones that were picking the Elantra N or the CTR over it.

Of course it’s kind of weird comparo because the CTR is really almost more of a sedan albeit an amazing one and the Elantra N is a sedan. Plus totally different engine classes as well. guess they had to use something.

Last edited:

ronmcdon

thats a great story. kinda wish you would have messed with them a bit longer just to see their reaction. I would be shocked if you can get msrp in CA.

think we would have to take a trip to the midwest or the south to get anything close to inoffensive pricing. 60k is the price long beach (CA) toyota was selling their Circuit, included with gouging was $7k of garbage tacked on like $1k eletronic license plate (lamest thing one can buy for their car). Got it down to 55k but I said no way.

yes the overheating diff or diffs I have heard is an issue. Hopefully its something you can fix. not buying a 38k or 45k boulevard cruiser.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
thats a great story. kinda wish you would have messed with them a bit longer just to see their reaction. I would be shocked if you can get msrp in CA.

think we would have to take a trip to the midwest or the south to get anything close to inoffensive pricing. 60k is the price long beach (CA) toyota was selling their Circuit, included with gouging was $7k of garbage tacked on like $1k eletronic license plate (lamest thing one can buy for their car). Got it down to 55k but I said no way.

yes the overheating diff or diffs I have heard is an issue. Hopefully its something you can fix. not buying a 38k or 45k boulevard cruiser.
I actually have a dealer that will give it to me for MSRP . I know that because they let walk with price quote papers. Oh and ya it’s not Glendale and ya I would most likely need to order it. Never underestimate my power of getting the deal.:ROFLMAO: Remember I got my 18 FiST for $19678 with 3k of options between paint Recaros and brakes and wheels.

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
If you put super sticky tires on the car and then beat on it (autocross, track, some reports of canyon roads but VERY rare), it will overheat the clutchpack the controls the diff torque split and the car will go into FWD mode as a fail safe. Wrapping the rear exhaust pipe, upgrading the clutch pack fluid, and installing a larger volume case for the clutch pack seems to cure it, or at least help

OP
CSM

CSM

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
and Dpro, your sales story sounds awful lol. I hate dealers like that.

I got super lucky with my dealer (shout out to Team Toyota in Steubenville). I called them, said I wanted the car today, agreed on price with no add-ons (they said they don't do any silly add ons at their dealer). They emailed me the purchase order, I got check from my bank, in and out of the dealer in 15 minutes. Amazing. I would absolutely buy another car from them.

ronmcdon

by help, does that resolve the issue entirely or take the strain off of it.

hopefully it doesn't become a ctr engine overheating issue, where a bunch of parts may or may not help, and the car can still overheat on the track around 80f.

one of the things i love about the fiesta is I can run back to back 20 min sessions in 95f weather. The car keeps going with the right parts, tires pads and fluids.

Just test drove a Core in Glendale.
If that's Glendale Toyota, stay far far away. They are the scummiest dealer I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Tried to scam me when we had a prearranged CASH sale, had to ask for my cashier's check back as they literally shredded the contracts that were definitely NOT for a cash sale. Had to ask the guy three times why the numbers on the paper were not what we agreed on - he kept saying he had no idea why, that this is the first time he's seen this "issue". Even had the higher up guy come into the finance room, the sleaziest looking car salesman I've ever seen, asking what was the problem. Got my ass out of there pronto and had to freeze my credit as they ran everything (after saying they would not).

Dpro

6000 Post Club
If that's Glendale Toyota, stay far far away. They are the scummiest dealer I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Tried to scam me when we had a prearranged CASH sale, had to ask for my cashier's check back as they literally shredded the contracts that were definitely NOT for a cash sale. Had to ask the guy three times why the numbers on the paper were not what we agreed on - he kept saying he had no idea why, that this is the first time he's seen this "issue". Even had the higher up guy come into the finance room, the sleaziest looking car salesman I've ever seen, asking what was the problem. Got my ass out of there pronto and had to freeze my credit as they ran everything (after saying they would not).
Not as bad as the Universal Nissan who did not want to let me test drive a New Z without filling out loan paperwork.:LOL: Oh and wanted 75k for a base model Z. :ROFLMAO:
Though ya it was Glendale Toyota :LOL:.

I actually now know where I can get a Core for MSRP Ice Cap( White) and the dealer has 3 of them. I really do not want a Core though the Seats in the Circuit are just so much better.

I know where a Circuit is but they want $15k over and at this point at least one sale they had fell through. I suspect the buyer balked and walked when they revealed they wanted $62 and would only come down 2k Its really kinda dumb because their greediness is keeping them from the sale.
They keep on thinking they are gonna make up for not having cars to sell by killing on a single car deal.

Thing is Cores are now starting to not sell as buyers keep on either holding out on finding a Circuit. Oh and though they only making 1500 Circuits this year Toyota has officially announced they are going to be bringing back Circuits in 2024 . I think most of the buyers want Circuits and in 24 people might be able to get deals on Cores as they might sit on lots.