Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine builder?

Just curious if anyone knows a engine builder who specializes in our engine? Or would buying a Mountune mrx short block be a good option? I
mean it’s fully built and blue printed and has the CSS. If there is a better option I would love to here it.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Is that CSS website legit? I live pretty close to them. If there is a $500 mod to our engine blocks that will hold 700+ whp, why aren't people talking about it? I realize there is more to it but still!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Is that CSS website legit? I live pretty close to them. If there is a $500 mod to our engine blocks that will hold 700+ whp, why aren't people talking about it? I realize there is more to it but still!
Mostly because no one wants to strip their engine down to the block to send them I’m sure.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
They are legit* But then you need all the accommodating stuff to make it all worthwhile* So why not just go with Mountune?

Mountune MRX High Performance 1.6L Long Block (6064-Lb-160S2) (mountuneusa.com)
That's 8,800 plus another 1,400 for a lightweight crankshaft. I have to believe that the components and a reputable builder would cost significantly less than that.

Also, anyone have a line on a spare block? I'll send one in and see what I get back.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's 8,800 plus another 1,400 for a lightweight crankshaft. I have to believe that the components and a reputable builder would cost significantly less than that.

Also, anyone have a line on a spare block? I'll send one in and see what I get back.
I gotta complete refresh quote for my Typhoon recently it was almost 6k* I got a quote a couple years ago it was 4k . Things go up overtime. Mountune is a decent Builder though vs some fly by night place. Alot of Builders went belly up during the last recession. Aren't many reputable ones left.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

dhminer

2000 Post Club

You can probably find one cheap AF from a wrecked escape or fusion in a junkyard.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
You can probably find one cheap AF from a wrecked escape or fusion in a junkyard.
Yeah that's more the angle I was thinking. A few hundred for a short block then drop off at CSS. Right around $1k for the knowledge/learning experience and then build it up from there. I'm going to be pushing nearly 400whp on my car in a few weeks, regularly at the track. Engine will go eventually.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Yeah that's more the angle I was thinking. A few hundred for a short block then drop off at CSS. Right around $1k for the knowledge/learning experience and then build it up from there. I'm going to be pushing nearly 400whp on my car in a few weeks, regularly at the track. Engine will go eventually.
No doubt, only a matter of time before it either lifts the head or melts a piston. If you're running the stock trans you'll probably blow that first though lol