Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine Code P1450

Hey Guys!

My car just threw the P1450 code and I was looking around the forum, but I couldn't find any definitive fix for it.
I saw the list of all codes and it showed the P1450 means EVAP emission control system pressure sensor malfunction.

My question to those who have had this issue: Did you replace the sensor and did it fix your issue?
My car is out of warranty and I don't want to risk taking it to the dealer and them not covering it under the 8 year/80k mile emission warranty that some on here have run into during my quick search through related posts.

I'm not very good at wrenching on my own, but it seems like an easy fix after watching this video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmlQlMzYyDE

Should I just buy the ~$30 part and replace it, or could there be more going on warranting me taking it to the dealer?
Thanks!

OP
OguNinja
Thread Starter #2
Just wanted a bump before I give up and go to the stealership.
I've searched the threads, but did not find a solid fix or the cause of the issue identified.
Can anybody help me out please?

Flaco

2000 Post Club
I have gotten this code on the 2014 but not the 2016 FiST I currently own. I do though have the symptoms of this problem. Just today I replaced the purge valve on the charcoal canister at the gas tank. I used the Dorman part # 911-216. The valve was about 40 dollars from Rock Auto. I choose this valve because I didn't want to replace it with the same factory valve that seems to be causing the problem. Sometimes I have the stumble after fill up (even thought I follow the fill procedure) or at deceleration. Like coming up to a red light, clutch in the engine will drop to around 500rpms then pick up to the normal 800. Sometimes it feels like it will stall, although it never has. On the drive home today no problems, I'll wait for about a weeks worth of commuting to decide if replacing the valve solved the problem. I don't believe that it has anything to do with the fuel pressure sensor. Although I've been know to be wrong at times.

OP
OguNinja
Thread Starter #5
Have you been through the troubleshooting steps on this page: https://www.troublecodes.net/p1codes/p1450/
I did not see this before, but I will try to go through it as much as my level of ability allows.
It seems a little intense for me at first look though. Thanks for the link!

I have gotten this code on the 2014 but not the 2016 FiST I currently own. I do though have the symptoms of this problem. Just today I replaced the purge valve on the charcoal canister at the gas tank. I used the Dorman part # 911-216. The valve was about 40 dollars from Rock Auto. I choose this valve because I didn't want to replace it with the same factory valve that seems to be causing the problem. Sometimes I have the stumble after fill up (even thought I follow the fill procedure) or at deceleration. Like coming up to a red light, clutch in the engine will drop to around 500rpms then pick up to the normal 800. Sometimes it feels like it will stall, although it never has. On the drive home today no problems, I'll wait for about a weeks worth of commuting to decide if replacing the valve solved the problem. I don't believe that it has anything to do with the fuel pressure sensor. Although I've been know to be wrong at times.
I don't know enough about cars, so I am going to assume you're right.
Was it easy to replace the purge valve? If it ends up working out for you, I will go that route.
Would you mind chiming back in when you feel that the part fixed the issue please?

And what's up! I just stayed at a cabin in Ellijay a couple weeks ago for my bachelor party.
So many fun roads up there and I always hit up when I go to Helen or Blood Mountain! I would hit them up every day if I lived up there.

Last edited:
OP
OguNinja
Thread Starter #8
Still in progress. I bought the entire evap fuel feed lines because I keep fucking things up lol. Hopefully be here tomorrow or tuesday. I'll update once installed.
How much was it?
Also, could you do a write-up on how to replace it or give a level of difficulty to do it? Thanks in advance!

How much was it?
Also, could you do a write-up on how to replace it or give a level of difficulty to do it? Thanks in advance!
It's not hard at all if you buy the entire assembly, which I highly recommend because removing the nylon lines from the purge valve is close to impossible. I melted the lines trying to soften it but it melted because it just wouldn't soften enough for removal. Again, it's not done yet and I need to see if that removes the codes. The fuel feed line assembly part number is D2BZ-9C047-E which already includes the purge valve. 150 bucks unfortunately. Once I figure it all out, I'll make the write up for you guys.

OP
OguNinja
Thread Starter #10
It's not hard at all if you buy the entire assembly, which I highly recommend because removing the nylon lines from the purge valve is close to impossible. I melted the lines trying to soften it but it melted because it just wouldn't soften enough for removal. Again, it's not done yet and I need to see if that removes the codes. The fuel feed line assembly part number is D2BZ-9C047-E which already includes the purge valve. 150 bucks unfortunately. Once I figure it all out, I'll make the write up for you guys.
Thanks! I look forward to seeing your write-up and to see if I can do it myself.

I just ordered the assembly on Friday from TASCA, $117 before shipping.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-tube-fuel-feed-d2bz9c047e

It's not super difficult to replace if you've been under the hood before. If you take off the induction tube, you should be able to reach nearly the entire assembly without too much cursing.
If I remember, I'll snap some pics along the way when I replace it

SenshiST

Has anyone made a set decision on what is the best fix for this issue. This code has popped up today on my way home, Although the car has had the stumbling issue off and on for about a week

haste

1000 Post Club
I had the same issue and installed a new purge valve assembly. Tube - Fuel Feed - Ford (D2BZ-9C047-E)

I did not clear the code out after replacement. It took around 3 tanks of gas before the code went inactive on it's own. No more stumbling and the P1450 has not come back.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had the same issue and installed a new purge valve assembly. Tube - Fuel Feed - Ford (D2BZ-9C047-E)

I did not clear the code out after replacement. It took around 3 tanks of gas before the code went inactive on it's own. No more stumbling and the P1450 has not come back.
Does yours still stumble/stall at idle right after filling up or did the purge valve fix that? Mine still had the post fill up stumble even after I replaced the purge valve, so I assumed that they were two different things

haste

1000 Post Club
Does yours still stumble/stall at idle right after filling up or did the purge valve fix that? Mine still had the post fill up stumble even after I replaced the purge valve, so I assumed that they were two different things
Nope. It hasn't stumbled once since I replaced that part. I do leave the nozzle in the fill hole for five seconds or so after filling up, but that's about it

Just today I replaced the purge valve on the charcoal canister at the gas tank. I used the Dorman part # 911-216. The valve was about 40 dollars from Rock Auto. I choose this valve because I didn't want to replace it with the same factory valve that seems to be causing the problem.
@Flaco, digging this up to see if using the Dorman part was worth it. I need to replace the same D2BZ-9C047-E line, but if the stock purge valve is terrible I'm wondering if the alternative part fixed the long-term issue for you.

Had stumbling after putting fuel in the car, P1450 code replaced the assembly got fuel shortly after. No stumbling CEL turn off a few days after.