Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine Stops

Irish

Have any of you experienced that your car suddenly starts to stop while you are driving and some of the unknown signals appear on your dashboard (ABS and Battery)? Is it a computer error of is it the engine?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you have any codes set in the engine computer? Does this happen after you fill up on gas? How old is the battery? What is your mileage? What is your vehicle year?

OP
I

Irish

Thread Starter #3
No, I haven't set any. It is a 2013 Ford fiesta, if not mistaken battery is almost 2 years. mileage not sure. Though my brother wants me to set an appointment with the dealer to check it but still confused about what really happen.

OP
I

Irish

Thread Starter #5
Maybe. because when the car stops and try to start it again but it won't work.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I would second the grounding issue: I would verify that both battery terminals are cleaned and the wires are securely fastened. There is a wire from the negitive terminal to the firewall that acts as a ground. It is relitively easy to access that spot, unbolt the ground, take some sandpaper to the paint at that spot and get down to bare metal. Rewire it up. It is amazing what odd behaviors this car will get if it is not getting sufficient ground. (For example my sons fiestas audio had bad noise in it. Sandpapering that spot fixed it)