Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine won't start after fitting new Engine

Right guys, we fitted a new engine to my 2013 Fiesta ST. We got it all up and running and well it came up with the engine malfunction light when it was given a bit of revs. I have a turbosmart bov on it and it wasn't working properly as it should. As far as i'm aware all vacuum hoses are connected with no holes or leaks just doesn't sound right but then we tried to move the car forward a few feet but it stalled and now won't start again. Any advice what i could look at too get it started again? Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Did you turn it off and on again?

Sorry :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Yeah tried that, i'm completely confused why it just cut out after trying to move it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is it getting fuel? Is it getting spark? Is the firing order correct? Is the battery connected and grounds hooked up? Is the wiring harness connected everywhere it should be and connected to the ECU/computer still?

I had some issues after an engine swap about 12 years ago (lol..) with a Miata turns out I had the firing order wrong and then messed up my timing initially. Good luck.