Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Enkei m52, different inserts?

ok so since we are limited in wheel choices i am wondering if anyone has heard of putting offset steel inserts in their wheels to change bolt pattern. a friend of mine has a cobalt ss and had new inserts put in his wheels (i think cobalts are 5x108) to change them from 5x100 to 5x108. he said it was like $25 a wheel.

im seriously cosidering this because i would really like some enkei m52 17x7.5 in matt grey.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Enkei+Performance&wheelModel=M52&wheelFinish=Matte+Grey&partnum=4805654938MG&GCID=C13674x012-wheel&KEYWORD=wheels_Enkei_

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Are you sure he wasn't talking about adapters? They would be significantly more expensive unless they were used, but it's the only way outside of having your hubs re-drilled or the wheels filled and re-drilled.

OP
hotrodst7
Thread Starter #3
not sure if wheels have to be drilled first, but they are steel inserts that are pressed into the wheel at or near the wheels existing holes. he said the can only do it if its close, so like going from 4x100 to 4x108 would require moving each hole 4mm further apart. i'm still not 100% on how they do it, but thats how he described it to me. i'll find out more when i see him next.