Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Exhaust Manifold Torque Pattern , is there one?

Reading through the workshop it merely gives a trq rating for the nuts when connecting to the engine. I get that, no issue but I don't see a pattern. I'm going to assume much like math first inner outer last?

Thoughts from the group?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Reading through the workshop it merely gives a trq rating for the nuts when connecting to the engine. I get that, no issue but I don't see a pattern. I'm going to assume much like math first inner outer last?

Thoughts from the group?
NOPE* Just make sure to re-check them in 500 miles.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

OP
jingo5
Thread Starter #3
NOPE* Just make sure to re-check them in 500 miles.

Roger that! yeah taking this upgrade slow and steady. Everything's getting retorqed and checked.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Roger that! yeah taking this upgrade slow and steady. Everything's getting retorqed and checked.
I had some Backout after my BT install so it's not a Bad idea to re-check later down the road.

Dialcaliper

Unless specified otherwise (looking at you Toyota cylinder heads), industry (not just automotive) standard for any rectangular bolt pattern is to start by torquing from the center and work outwards in both directions either in an X cross like you’d do for lug nuts, or else in a “spiral” pattern. Either one is probably fine for most flanges.

Imagine squishing the gasket outwards from the middle.

Like this:
https://images.app.goo.gl/xqj2wPVUyvDZxRLw6

or this:

https://images.app.goo.gl/FPZzYJSpmHsq29r79