Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Extra Bits for new Wheels

Hey All!

I've got some Rota Titans on the way, and plan to keep my stock wheels for the winter.

I'd like to go ahead and order the necessities so I can get everything mounted when the wheels arrive.

Are these the correct extra Bits I will need? If not, I am open to recommendations.

1) Hub centric Rings - Gorilla Automotive 73-6336
2) TPMS sensors - DE8T-1A180-AA
3) Lugs - just use the stock ones?

Wheel Details:
Size: 17X7.5
Bolt pattern: 4X108
Offset: 40
Hub bore: 73

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you have any recommendations? Ones you've had experience with?
Gorillas are fine. I got the black ones to match the wheels. You get the matching wrench socket and 4 extra lugnuts, because they sell them in bags of 20.
Basically anything other than stock is better.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I am using these lug nuts and like them a lot-
https://www.amazon.com/McGard-65357BC-Chrome-SplineDrive-Thread/dp/B00200BF84
They are a bit more expensive than some, but the spline drive nut allows a thinner socket to be used on them, which can help to prevent scratching the holes for the lug nuts on aftermarket wheels, which are often narrower than the ones on stock wheels.
As XR650R says, the stock lug nuts are not worth reusing. The problem with them is that they are a two-piece lug nut. This can allow moisture to get in between the two pieces which then causes them to deform. Once that happens, it can be difficult to impossible to get a wrench on them, and you can be stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire on a wheel that you can't get off the car.

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
I am using these lug nuts and like them a lot-
https://www.amazon.com/McGard-65357BC-Chrome-SplineDrive-Thread/dp/B00200BF84
They are a bit more expensive than some, but the spline drive nut allows a thinner socket to be used on them, which can help to prevent scratching the holes for the lug nuts on aftermarket wheels, which are often narrower than the ones on stock wheels.
As XR650R says, the stock lug nuts are not worth reusing. The problem with them is that they are a two-piece lug nut. This can allow moisture to get in between the two pieces which then causes them to deform. Once that happens, it can be difficult to impossible to get a wrench on them, and you can be stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire on a wheel that you can't get off the car.
This is great info. I appreciate the explanation. This is my DD and I do live in Ohio, so it will see all of the weather.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
This is great info. I appreciate the explanation. This is my DD and I do live in Ohio, so it will see all of the weather.
You're welcome, I'm glad it was helpful. This is the explanation they give for the necessity of different lug nuts on some aftermarket wheels-
Designed to fit wheels that require tuner-style (small diameter) lug nuts.

A breaker bar and deep well socket to keep in the trunk is a good extra too. I run Muteki 17mm lugs with my summer wheels, so the factory 19mm lug wrench is no good to me for 7-8 months out of the year.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
A breaker bar and deep well socket to keep in the trunk is a good extra too. I run Muteki 17mm lugs with my summer wheels, so the factory 19mm lug wrench is no good to me for 7-8 months out of the year.
I keep a Craftsman 1/2" drive breaker bar with both a 17MM and a 19MM Sunex protective sleeved lug sockets in the well with the spare.

I leave the factory supplied expandable lug wrench home, since it is NOT needed to operate the factory jack. [wink]

Last edited:
Gorilla lugs and tpms from ebay are cheap and work great.
I got a set of cheap TPMS sensors from eBay and had nothing but issues. Ended up having to get the tires remounted two additional times. It would have just been cheaper and easier to spend the money on a quality set. That being said, I don't run sensors in my summer or winter wheels anymore.

I got a set of cheap TPMS sensors from eBay and had nothing but issues. Ended up having to get the tires remounted two additional times. It would have just been cheaper and easier to spend the money on a quality set. That being said, I don't run sensors in my summer or winter wheels anymore.
I had a Focus ST before the Fist,i have had 6 sets of wheels on it.And always bought Cheap tpms from Ebay without a single issue.Have 3 sets of wheels for the fist.And they all have Ebay sensors,no issues yet.