Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fastest Or Slowest Ford Fiesta: Which Is More Fun?

Fiesta ST News

Staff Member

Slow car fast. It's a mantra of the car enthusiast that we hear constantly. What's more fun than being on the limit and not actually breaking any laws? But what's the best: The fastest or the absolute slowest Ford Fiesta?

The idea behind "slow car fast" is that on the highways and byways, today's modern sports cars are just too fast to be fun. Driving them slowly is boring, but driving them near the limit means you're going about a million miles per hour. If something goes wrong, you're at risk for some very serious injury. There's also the factor of inviting a ton of tickets.

But driving a slow car "fast" doesn't require that you actually go fast. It's the idea that even at legal speeds, you're having a hoot. Going 60 in a McLaren 650S around some corners feels like nothing. Going 60 around certain corners in a Ford Fiesta 1.0 feels like your Alain Prost on the edge of control. You might not set fast time of the day from Chili's to the post office, but you'll have more fun getting there.

The Ford Fiesta offers slow fun in really slow (1.0) and actually pretty quick but not necessarily very fast (ST) forms. The 1.0 isn't at all designed to be fast or fun on a back road, the ST's sole purpose is to be oodles of fun on any road that has a curve in it.

The two Fiestas share a familial resemblance and have a number of ergonomic similarities, but that's about it. Nearly every other component that is involved in constructing the Fiesta 1.0 SFE and the Fiesta ST is different.

Read more on Jalopnik

razorlab

1000 Post Club
I don't really get the whole slow car fast thing around the ability to keep it under legal limits. I have just as an easy enough time breaking the speed limit in my FiST as I do in my Evo.

I throughly enjoyed my 2011 SES. The ST is just in a class of its own. No matter what you throw it into, it responds with fun and smiles. Just a great big go cart that is street legal. Turn off the stability control and the fun intensifies.

I like your style! Always thought Senna was a Fiesta ST guy :)
I wish Senna was still with us, It would be awesome to see him put a FiST through its paces as only he could. One of the few drivers that could find 110% of what a vehicle is capable of. Love watching old footage of his super human ability behind the wheel at the times when the cars were the most unforgiving.

Did anyone of you guys has driven your FoFi ST at maximum speed?
It's such a good feeling to show greater cars which power is in our ST.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I wish Senna was still with us, It would be awesome to see him put a FiST through its paces as only he could. One of the few drivers that could find 110% of what a vehicle is capable of. Love watching old footage of his super human ability behind the wheel at the times when the cars were the most unforgiving.
Yes sir, I love his old videos too!! Whenever I start feeling like I am hot sh!t, I go watch this video over and over and then realize that I am not worthy, not even close [spank]

[video=youtube;8By2AEsGAhU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8By2AEsGAhU[/video]

Yes sir, I love his old videos too!! Whenever I start feeling like I am hot sh!t, I go watch this video over and over and then realize that I am not worthy, not even close [spank]

[video=youtube;8By2AEsGAhU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8By2AEsGAhU[/video]
One of my all time favs

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Have you had the FiST on the autobahn yet ? Must be fun showing them your tail lights

Have you had the FiST on the autobahn yet ? Must be fun showing them your tail lights
Yes I did. Max. Speed was 231,6 km/h (143,91 mph) shown by my GPS. But I had to brake because another cardriver, who didn't look in the rear view mirror, drive on my lane.
I think it would get a little bit faster but not too much. The Porsche Cayenne driver I had overtaken looked astonished and showed me [thumb].
[lovest]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Yes I did. Max. Speed was 231,6 km/h (143,91 mph) shown by my GPS. But I had to brake because another cardriver, who didn't look in the rear view mirror, drive on my lane.
I think it would get a little bit faster but not too much. The Porsche Cayenne driver I had overtaken looked astonished and showed me [thumb].
[lovest]
If you ever do it again please share some video. I would love to see the FiST on the Autobahn[loveboost].