Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Feeler Post - PNW/West coast event Summer 2019

Would you be interested in attending?

• I'm in the area! Sign me up!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I'm in the area but probably not.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I'm not in the area but I'd probably make the trek.

• I'm not in the area, but go for it!

• Total voters
Feeler post, mostly for the folks in the PNW/West coast of the U.S. and Canada

I am thinking about putting together an event for summer 2019 that's like FocusFest/STFest but on a smaller scale and FiST-exclusive. This would likely be a one day event with a morning show and shine element and then afternoon autoX and evening drag races at a nearby raceway. There would be raffles, some trophies and other good stuff. It would be in the Seattle, WA area, probably August.

Trying to judge interest on who would be seriously interested in making the trip to attend this. Thanks in advance!

anticon

I might do it if it were at ocean shores, mainly because I have place to stay.

OP
Stormy
Thread Starter #4
Not likely. Seattle area, because of proximity to Pacific Raceways, etc.

meFiSTo

Hah. This is what happens when you split off one specific sub-model of a brand. Back when Focaljet was a thing in the days of the Mk1 Focus, all the Focus model owners talked on the same forum. We did have some events at Pacific Raceways where a few folks would lap, other folks would do the go carts, then everyone connected for a pizza somewhere nearby.

Maybe if you were to extend to the entire hatchback SVT/ST/RS community, you could pull something off like that. Informally attach to the July Mustangs NW Roundup track day. Just coordinate signups for the track day, figure out the karting schedule, and just show up. Don't worry about formal anything. The Mustangs NW guys manage their event, just collect in part of the paddock away from the Mustangs.

I have to admit that I'd probably bring my other hatchback to such an event to lap, but still, it could be fun.

Good luck.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Id maybe show up ...but only if Koozy and Xanrules were gonna be there.....Been looking to take a road trip out west with the BAE ....some Family live out that way! [wave]

I'd definitely be in, and my friend would probably show also.

Also, if anyone is interested, I bracket race in the ET series at Bremertno Raceway. I'm there just about every weekend they are open.