Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta Bumps and Bruises

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
On a few occasions while in a hurry, have banged my right knee on the center console enough to start cursing, and on another occasion pulled a muscle in my neck after my head hit the car also while trying to get in. I'm a short guy, but I've still found this car to be a bit cramped. I also have more scuffs than I can count when trying to exit the car on the random cup holder in the door.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I’m 6’-0” and 220lbs and find my FiST plenty roomy.

Although I did catch my jaw on the door once trying to get in while parked tightly next to another car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I'm 5,7 195 lb mostly muscle no issues what are you guys doing?
I drive a Isuzu nrr work truck that thing literally put your head in the roof when you hit bumps.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Maybe being shorter is worse because my seat and steering wheel need to be much closer to each other.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm also short but have never had any of these issues except w/ the cupholder. Actually kicked it yesterday when I got to work. Thinking of taping a piece of felt there or something. [crazyeye]

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Maybe being shorter is worse because my seat and steering wheel need to be much closer to each other.

^^ This. My wife is short and when she has the seat and wheel set for her, she cannot get in and out. She slides the seat all the way back every time she gets out of the car. She did the same in her Scion tC. I am 6'0" and when I have the seat and wheel set for myself I have no trouble getting in or out.

I'm 6'4" and don't really have any issues getting in and out. I sometimes hit my head on the upper part of the door jamb when getting in the car in a hurry but that's it.

SrsBsns

6' here, 200lbs, pretty fit. I don't have any problems and I have the Recaros.

Sometimes I can feel my hair brushing up on the headliner and that's mildly annoying, but I sit pretty close and pretty straight up. I don't think I've ever hit my feet or legs on anything.

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
^^ This. My wife is short and when she has the seat and wheel set for her, she cannot get in and out. She slides the seat all the way back every time she gets out of the car. She did the same in her Scion tC. I am 6'0" and when I have the seat and wheel set for myself I have no trouble getting in or out.
I'm 5'5 and my right knee is always close to the console when bending to get in, but I have the seat pulled up and the steering wheel lower. I wish there were a handle near the door jam.

I'm coming from a Jetta and I find that the Fiesta has much more headroom for entry, no neck craning required. I'm 6'2" and have a terrible back and I can get in and out with ease.

6'1", the FiST with Recaros is easier to get into and out of then my 2003 Cobra. And the FiST with Recaros is more difficult to get into than when it had the standard leather seats.