Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta RS

Click bait alert! I like many wanted to own a Fiesta with the RS badge. Womp womp! So here I am somehow trying to configure a FiRS out of a FiST. I’m close with an LSD install as the last mod. I know Ford didn’t want to have unicorn that wouldn’t sell and I don’t think awd would have worked without massive hp due the extra weight. I myself wouldn’t want that extra weight unless the car could maintain a gvw under 2800 lbs. Most likely an impossibility from the factory. So this is my dream and I’m chasing it. What dreams are y’all chasin?

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #3
What? Am I that far off we need to put the kettle on? Lmao

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Nothing wrong with healthy dreaming MRX.

To find what a ballpark on what a Fiesta RS might weigh:
* Take the weight of a standard trim level Focus and Focus RS.
* Subtract the difference between the two.
* Now add that number to the weight of a standard trim level Fiesta.
Since different sources give you wildly different weights for the "same" vehicle configuration, it's important to use the same source for the comparisons.

Note that the Focus goes from a 2.0L to a 2.3L to add another ~100hp.
Since there is no EcoBoost 1.9L, the Fiesta RS would go to the 2.0L.
Wonder whether the 2.0 or 2.3L and their respective cooling systems will fit....

Mikey456

Click bait alert! I like many wanted to own a Fiesta with the RS badge. Womp womp! So here I am somehow trying to configure a FiRS out of a FiST. I’m close with an LSD install as the last mod. I know Ford didn’t want to have unicorn that wouldn’t sell and I don’t think awd would have worked without massive hp due the extra weight. I myself wouldn’t want that extra weight unless the car could maintain a gvw under 2800 lbs. Most likely an impossibility from the factory. So this is my dream and I’m chasing it. What dreams are y’all chasin?
If you are interested converting the car to all wheel drive, you should visit the M-sport factory in England and figure out how they do it. Or you could just watch the YouTube video. Lol

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #7
The point here was to say I don’t mind not having awd due to the extra weight never mind all the potential problems and cost if it ever takes a crap. So what is Fiesta RS minus awd? Not an RS I know. I’ll just buy the wing. Thanks Dave!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you are interested converting the car to all wheel drive, you should visit the M-sport factory in England and figure out how they do it. Or you could just watch the YouTube video. Lol
My dream is to hit the lottery, so then I can just have a street going, unrestricted turbo inlet, Fiesta R5 built by the above, and not have to worry about 'engineering in' an AWD system myself.
This will also be the absolute lightest such a ride could be built, even with a full, FIA legal cage installed, but yeah, one would have to forgo all of the 'luxo', 'creature comforts' of our road going, street legal rides (NOT so much of a sacrifice when one considers the impossibility of using a REAL, straight cut gear, NOT 'DSG' style, sequential gearbox on the street, in stop and go traffic [driving]) [histerical]

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #9
My dream is to hit the lottery, so then I can just have a street going, unrestricted turbo inlet, Fiesta R5 built by the above, and not have to worry about 'engineering in' an AWD system myself.
This will also be the absolute lightest such a ride could be built, even with a full, FIA legal cage installed, but yeah, one would have to forgo all of the 'luxo', 'creature comforts' of our road going, street legal rides (NOT so much of a sacrifice when one considers the impossibility of using a REAL, straight cut gear, NOT 'DSG' style, sequential gearbox on the street, in stop and go traffic [driving]) [histerical]
Now we can put the kettle on 🙀

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That sounds miserable and unsafe unless you’re gonna helmet and HANS for every grocery run.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That sounds miserable and unsafe unless you’re gonna helmet and HANS for every grocery run.
Yeah, that was the whole point, I just forgot to put an /s after the post. [wink]

Actually, if one felt that they could survive sans air bags, and IF enough thick, closed cell foam was covering the cage tubes... LOL

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I don’t think that a Fiesta RS would have to be AWD; neither the 1st or 2nd gen. Focus RS were. I think the formula would be 60-80 more HP, bigger brakes, lighter and wider wheels, more exhaust, stiffer and lower suspension, a bit lighter, an LSD, some aero goodies, and maybe a couple track-related goodies, like shift lights, closer pedals and a shorter shifter.

In short, what many of us have in our garages.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #14
I don’t think that a Fiesta RS would have to be AWD; neither the 1st or 2nd gen. Focus RS were. I think the formula would be 60-80 more HP, bigger brakes, lighter and wider wheels, more exhaust, stiffer and lower suspension, a bit lighter, an LSD, some aero goodies, and maybe a couple track-related goodies, like shift lights, closer pedals and a shorter shifter.

In short, what many of us have in our garages.
So I have an RS!!! Take the kettle off.

Ok then I’ll just car my car a FiRST...get it ha ha 😎
I'm all about the car persona but for me it takes a lot of TLC to get to that point :)

Looks like you've done a lot to your car is calling if a FiRST tickles you biscuit then more power to ya!