Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST-2 Engine issues - juddering, misfiring, low on power

Hi,
So my ST has experienced a significant loss in power where I struggle to get past 55mph on the motorway, it has also developed a juddering when both driving and idling. I have taken this to my local garage who have fitted it with a new coil pack thinking that was the issue. When I’ve got the car back it’s still experiencing the same issue as before and the engine warning light is also showing.
I’m a bit lost as to what to do next as I contacted puma speed who have basically advised I will need a new engine if it is only running on 3 cylinders now. Has anyone experienced this type of issue and if so was it fixable or am I going to have to pay out for a new engine which is quoted at about £2500.
Any response I will be grateful for. Thanks in advance

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi,
So my ST has experienced a significant loss in power where I struggle to get past 55mph on the motorway, it has also developed a juddering when both driving and idling. I have taken this to my local garage who have fitted it with a new coil pack thinking that was the issue. When I’ve got the car back it’s still experiencing the same issue as before and the engine warning light is also showing.
I’m a bit lost as to what to do next as I contacted puma speed who have basically advised I will need a new engine if it is only running on 3 cylinders now. Has anyone experienced this type of issue and if so was it fixable or am I going to have to pay out for a new engine which is quoted at about £2500.
Any response I will be grateful for. Thanks in advance
A compression check is in order to give you an overall baseline health of the engine. Once you know the individual cylinder compression output you can compare it to fomoco spec and determine if the engine is Bad. Good luck...let us know what you find*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk