Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST 2014 new head unit?

pakko

Ciao to all my fellow FiST brothers, I'm in need for your expertise and suggestions about what is the best way to have android auto in my car: sync to sync 3 upgrade or install an android head unit?

I've seen on Aliexpress a lot of Android Head Unit for Fiesta but in the description everyone say that they are not compatible with Sony unit. Is that about the cunbus of the Sony unit not fully decoded?

I would like to keep my wheel buttons and alerts from the cars working too.

Since I live in Italy, do you know someone who sell eventually some sync1 to sync3 upgrade kit?

Thanks
pakko

Attachments

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Upgrading to a Sync 3 setup is the way to go. There are places who sell the kits to do it. Have you checked with them to see if they can ship to you? Not sure, though, if the units are country-specific. You might have to get one that is from Italy, or at least Europe, for best compatibility.
Here's one of the companies, and I see the picture on this page is a Kuga, which is not a US model.
https://naviupgrade.com/all/resources/can-i-upgrade-sync-1-to-sync-3/

OP
P

pakko

Thread Starter #3
Upgrading to a Sync 3 setup is the way to go. There are places who sell the kits to do it. Have you checked with them to see if they can ship to you? Not sure, though, if the units are country-specific. You might have to get one that is from Italy, or at least Europe, for best compatibility.
Here's one of the companies, and I see the picture on this page is a Kuga, which is not a US model.
https://naviupgrade.com/all/resources/can-i-upgrade-sync-1-to-sync-3/
Hi SteveS and thanks for answering! I've emailed them 2 times now and no response what's so ever :(

Ciao pakko yoy can go either way android unit or Sync3 unit. Firt I will recommend you to watch the YouTube channel NaviUpgrade this dude made an upgrades from Sync 1 a Sync 2 to Sync 3. This is that you get an idea of what you will need. The unit listed at Aliexpress are compatible with ford cars around the world, the important is that the version of the Sync if has navigation you download the proper map zone for your case EU. The other thing you required is the touch screen size your car will support, in you case because you have Sync 1 you need the cover. I do not see clearly the screen size you have. Any way the second thing is the size in storage of the APIM for navigation you need 64 Gb for EU map none navigation 32Gb finally you can ask the seller at Aliexpress he will reply to your qdoubt. Keep in mind the time zone. The last thing is the connector that will go to the APIM to the car and the USB Hub. All thos kits come with the antenna. Hope this will help you on your journey to upgrade.