Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Beats Porsche 911 Turbo S in Track Test Showdown

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Ford Fiesta ST beat the likes of Porsche 911 Turbo S, Bentley GT Speed and Jaguar F-Type V8 S in a track test to find the ultimate driver?s car staged by Dutch magazine Autovisie.

The EcoBoost-powered hot-hatch was ranked second overall out of 14 illustrious competitors and was bested only by the ultra-expensive McLaren 12C MSO.

After putting the cars through their paces at the famous Zandvoort race circuit, Autovisie summarised: ?(Fiesta ST) is an uncompromisingly focused hatchback. Serves up kicks in an addictive way. Fun per euro is unparalleled.?

Autovisie road tester and Dutch racing driver Peter Kox reported: ?It really is a top car. The only thing that I would change is the position of the gearstick. I would place it a little closer, because now I have trouble getting it into fifth gear. But that is all. These chairs hold me in a firm grip and the steering wheel and pedals are in the exact right position. All great, and the engine, too. It feels smooth and strong and even sounds very nice.

?But the best part of this Fiesta is the chassis. It makes the car feel so incredibly light and manoeuvrable. Contrary to the Clio, there is hardly a settling moment. You make a turn and can immediately hit the gas again. And after that there is hardly any understeer. I can always get the nose to the inside again by holding off on the gas or some extra steering. Exactly as it should be. And the steering is sensitive enough for you to know how fast you can go. This car delivers the performance I had expected from the Clio R.S.?

Scoreboard:

1) McLaren 12C MSO
2) Ford Fiesta ST
3) Porsche 911 Turbo S
4) Porsche Cayman
5) Jaguar F-Type V8 S
6) Lotus Exige S
7) Skoda Octavia RS
8) BMW M550D XDrive
9) Maserati Ghibli SQ4
10) VW Golf GTI
11) Mercedes A45 AMG
12) Renault Clio RS
13) Bentley GT Speed
14) Avath 695 ED. Maserati

Minus a bit of torque steer on a really crappy intersection in Dallas with traction control off, I've never felt out of control with this car. Even getting the back end loose isn't scary. It's so buttery smooth and fun. I've yet to experience under steer, though I'm not one to be nuts on real roads. Is there a link for this article?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
ask and I'll try to find :)

LINKY

Fiesta ST Beats Porsche 911 Turbo S in Track Test Showdown
Jan-08-2014 5:15 AM ET

AMSTERDAM, Holland – Ford Fiesta ST beat the likes of Porsche 911 Turbo S, Bentley GT Speed and Jaguar F-Type V8 S in a track test to find the ultimate driver’s car staged by Dutch magazine Autovisie.

Impressive results considering all that great competition. I see that the winning FiST was a 2-door...wonder how our 4-door cars would make a difference?

OP
Harvick

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Sorry I forgot to post the link. Thanks Rodmoe

airjor13

2000 Post Club
whoa, that is some serious competition, I love this comment of the gear positioning