Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Exhaust options

I am currently running a muffler delete with the 2J catted downpipe. It sounds really good but I think I want something a little louder but I dont want want any more drone if possible. I don’t want to spend $600+ on an exhaust thats only gonna slightly change the sound I have now so I’m wondering if someone has a setup that they can recommend. Im thinking maybe MBRP or Rev9. I’m also open to deleting the resonator and putting a glasspack in place of where my muffler used to be. Any advice or clips would be appreciated.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am currently running a muffler delete with the 2J catted downpipe. It sounds really good but I think I want something a little louder but I dont want want any more drone if possible. I don’t want to spend $600+ on an exhaust thats only gonna slightly change the sound I have now so I’m wondering if someone has a setup that they can recommend. Im thinking maybe MBRP or Rev9. I’m also open to deleting the resonator and putting a glasspack in place of where my muffler used to be. Any advice or clips would be appreciated.
So you have an aftermarket downpipe, no rear muffler, and the stock resonator in place? And you want it to be louder? And you want to spend less than $600 with no drone? Do you not think it drones now?

This is a pretty insane request. To get it louder, the only other thing you can do is run bigger pipe like 3". This will drone more (the MBRP will certainly drone as well). Your next option to get louder on the cheap is build your own straight exhaust from 3" pipe (which is pretty stupid IMO).

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
So you have an aftermarket downpipe, no rear muffler, and the stock resonator in place? And you want it to be louder? And you want to spend less than $600 with no drone? Do you not think it drones now?

This is a pretty insane request. To get it louder, the only other thing you can do is run bigger pipe like 3". This will drone more (the MBRP will certainly drone as well). Your next option to get louder on the cheap is build your own straight exhaust from 3" pipe (which is pretty stupid IMO).
Well I don’t think the drone is that bad right now and I know people have done a bunch of different configurations with the muffler and resonator so I was just looking for some input or a nice exhaust option that’s on the cheaper end. That’s all.

If you don't think this drones and you like the way it sounds now, MBRP is probably what you're looking for

Se7eN

I mean, MBRP drones a lot on bigger turbos a little less on stock turbos. If you have a Catted DP that will act as a resonator as well. You could try replacing the resonator with a Magnaflow or flowmaster glass pack tube resonator. I had it like that for a long time with stock turbo and stock DP didn't drone at all but was plenty loud. Added a Ultra-quiet resonator from Vibrant at the back when I went bigger turbo and catless DP cause it was too loud. Now I have MBRP, Catless and BigTurbo and that thing is hella loud but I don't drive that far most days so it doesn't bother me.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Buy once...Cry once....Remember that. Bought my Thermal slightly used on here. Ceramic coated everything but the tips. Absolutely Perfect....others can attest.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #7
Buy once...Cry once....Remember that. Bought my Thermal slightly used on here. Ceramic coated everything but the tips. Absolutely Perfect....others can attest.

Yeah thermal sounds amazing but as a student that $700 is quite a lot lol.

OP
G
Thread Starter #8
I mean, MBRP drones a lot on bigger turbos a little less on stock turbos. If you have a Catted DP that will act as a resonator as well. You could try replacing the resonator with a Magnaflow or flowmaster glass pack tube resonator. I had it like that for a long time with stock turbo and stock DP didn't drone at all but was plenty loud. Added a Ultra-quiet resonator from Vibrant at the back when I went bigger turbo and catless DP cause it was too loud. Now I have MBRP, Catless and BigTurbo and that thing is hella loud but I don't drive that far most days so it doesn't bother me.
So you had a muffler delete and replaced the resonator with a glasspack and this was louder than just the muffler delete but with less drone? I’m thinking this is what I want to do but I just want to clarify.

Se7eN

So you had a muffler delete and replaced the resonator with a glasspack and this was louder than just the muffler delete but with less drone? I’m thinking this is what I want to do but I just want to clarify.
Yes, exactly that. Magnaflow I think 12inch resonator to replace the stock piece and did away with the muffler all together. Did have the stock downpipe with catalytic converter so that muffles sound more than you'd think.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah thermal sounds amazing but as a student that $700 is quite a lot lol.
I went to nursing school and worked full time even though they Explicitly forbid it. I did it anyways! Just get a PT job somewhere....it can supply your parts habit*

Last edited:
OP
G
Thread Starter #11
Yes, exactly that. Magnaflow I think 12inch resonator to replace the stock piece and did away with the muffler all together. Did have the stock downpipe with catalytic converter so that muffles sound more than you'd think.
Thanks a lot I’ll look into getting this done soon.

OP
G
Thread Starter #12
I went to nursing school and worked full time even though they Explicitly forbid it. I did it anyways! Just get a PT job somewhere....it can supply your parts habit*

Haha yeah I’ll be working again soon and hopefully get my car to where I really want it to be.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club

But your Superman your blood must be caffeinated like red bull.
I also went to school full time and worked full time, but that was automotive school. Nursing schools is definitely more intense no doubt about it.

I don't think he would like the thermal anyway because he wants it loud.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts