Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Rear Dome Light Bulb Replacement

Hi guys,

Just need a little help replacing the bulbs for the rear dome lights...I took the entire thing off but cannot for the life of me get to the actual bulbs. I can't seem to find any info online on how to do this so I'm entirely stuck...I tried posting some pics to show what I'm referring to but don't know if they'll even work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Mine is a bit different because of the moonroof, but try removing these screws.
fiesta-st-dome-light.jpg

OP
O
Thread Starter #3
Sounds good.. Will try that when I get back home and will let you know. Thanks for the reply

OP
O
Thread Starter #4
Oh and by the way I have a moonroof too. Dunno if it matters... I'll report back if taking out the screws work

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Oh and by the way I have a moonroof too. Dunno if it matters... I'll report back if taking out the screws work
Oh ok, if you can't get it I'll take mine apart tomorrow and post a how-to.

OP
O
Thread Starter #6
OK I got it. Thanks MK for the tip about the screws...I took a few pictures in the hopes it can help someone out in the future.

I began by removing said screws to end up like this

Then to get to the center bulb just pop out the plastic cover on the other side. There are little clips that you can pop out with a small flathead. To get the bulb out I went from behind and pushed it out as I couldn't get a good grip on it with my fingers. I found that using a QTip without the cotton stuff works good for this(shown further down)

Then continue removing screws until you end up like this..

Using the QTip to facilitate bulb removal

Insert LED bulb then rebuild

Done.

I'm not sure if there's an easier way but this worked for me. I hope this helps.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Awesome writeup, the led bulbs turned out great.

The owner's manual instructions make it look much easier than that! Just remove assembly and rotate bulb holder counterclockwise! Thanks for the link to those LED's.

Did those from amazon had all the lights for the interior and for the license plate frame?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The rear map bulb and entrance bulb in the center were a treat....not too bad. Don't force pull the assembly down when doing it....or use screw drivers to pry as you WILL most likely Mar the plastic. Use a popsicle stick or plastic trim sticks. Then use small screw drivers like you would use on a pair of reading or sun glasses.

Does anyone have any stock bulbs they've swapped out and don't have any use for? I bought my FiST used, and someone put LED bulbs in and I don't care for them. I'd rather have stock bulbs. So before you chuck your stock bulbs in the trash, let me know what you want for them and I'll take 'em off your hands. Thanks!

Finally got around to doing this, but I got too lazy to change out the glove box bulb. So far the rear passenger overhead, trunk and license bulbs are installed. But I haven't found an easy way to take off the front overhead light assembly. Any ideas? I do have a sunroof if that matters.

Finally got around to doing this, but I got too lazy to change out the glove box bulb. So far the rear passenger overhead, trunk and license bulbs are installed. But I haven't found an easy way to take off the front overhead light assembly. Any ideas? I do have a sunroof if that matters.
The front one is easy, just pull on the rear of the light down till it pops then slide the front end out. Getting the connector undone is a little finicky however but not too bad

Thanks everyone for the detailed work instructions, took me an hour+ to do both front and rear. Remember to test before assembly because those LED's are directionally challenged. And on the rear, don't insert the bulb until you have the metal heat shield in place because the LEDs have a little larger diameter and the shield won't slide back over the bulb like the originals.