Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST vs 2007 Fit cargo space

emc2

The length of the Fiesta ST at 161 inches, is a bit longer than the 2007 Honda Fit at 157. The Fiesta ST is also slightly wider than the Fit. However, cargo space is much smaller for the Fiesta ST at 10.1/25.4 cuft (rear seats up/down) vs 21.3/41.9 cuft for the Fit. My question is, what makes the cargo volume of the Fit so much more than the Fiesta ST if the car length is shorter and width is narrower? Is it purely due to the increased vertical height (i.e. the Fit rear seats can fold flat and the roof is higher), or is the footprint of cargo area the Fit also larger (length x width)? I was able to carry most bikes in my Fit without having to remove the front wheels. I always loaded the bikes with the rear wheels pointing to the front seats and the front fork/handlebars tilted upwards. There were many occasions where I've had to pull the driver and passenger seats forward to fit the bikes better, but I've always been able to fit them in the trunk without removing the front wheels.
My question is: Would I be able to do the same with the Fiesta ST???

The vertical height in a Fit was crazy to me. With everything folded down especially but even noticeable in the cabin just as a passenger. The Fiesta feels like it does a pretty amazing job when it comes to storage but my friend's 2009 Fit felt like a van in comparison!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I never really tried to fit my Merlin Road bike into my car with the front wheel on.

NO problem with the front wheel off, PLENTY of room, but then I have rim brakes with old school quick release hubs on it (I never understood the appeal of no skewer/allen bolted through axles), so NO PROBLEM, easy peasy, and takes 15 seconds or less to do.

Dialcaliper

Having owned both a 2007 and 2013 Fit, the latter of which we traded to a friend when getting the Fiesta, I will readily admit that the ST meant a significant reduction in cargo volume, which requires more creativity to package stuff into (though not as much as the old Chevy Metro hatchback!).

I wouldn’t consider it a fair comparison - the Fit with the rear seats folded flat literally has larger interior cargo volume as many of its contemporary SUVs with seats folded down, and has fewer protrusions to get in the way and a fairly efficient hatch orifice

You’ll probably still fit a bike in the Fiesta, but might have to take the wheel off. Certainly not like the full mountain bike with rear rack that I was able to fit in the Fit with both wheels on. It’s all down to creative packaging.

Last edited:
The ST is hurt by the full sized spare and raised cargo floor vs the regular hatch (15.4 ft³, 26 ft³ ) but it really does lose to the fit for cargo space. Its pretty easy to yank the spare, pack an inflator kit, and drop the load floor all the way down. Or swap to a compact spare off the base car. That being said, Ford did a great job engineering cargo space on the MK1 focus and that seems to have been lost on the Fiesta. Its a shame really, they couldve figured out a way to do fold flat seats at least