Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST's catching fire..!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a 15' ST ..but as I remember it affected far more 1.0 liters than 1.6 liters...If you are that worried call the dealer and see if there is an open re-call. I know others have had it done and encountered problems after that were weird and some unrelated. When in Doubt call ford....[:p]

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #3
I already had that little rubber elbow tube burst on me but luckily I was parked up at the time and just shut the engine off instantly, just fixed it myself as Ford would have screwed me... Cost about $15 to fix.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

SST

i still think the recall should go far more than just adding a sensor. thats not a real fix.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
i still think the recall should go far more than just adding a sensor. thats not a real fix.
What would in your mind be a "real fix"? I do believe they do much more than just "adding a sensor" from what I have read. Could be wrong. BTW, did you know everything, even the wording of the recall notice plus all procedures must be approved by NHTSA? It is not just Ford that decides on the "fix". So please educate us on what you feel a "real" fix would be.

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #7
Is this problem from that rubber elbow ?? I fixed mine myself and never missed a beat since and that was like 6 - 7 months ago.. was mostly the cooler season for us but I think the weather will have no effect but only time will tell summer is just around the corner for us so I will keep you posted as how the car holds up..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk