Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fifteen52 Cup Spoilers

xxiaze

Soooooo.... who else felt like they missed the train on the fifteen52 cup spoilers?! Well I certainly did... I purchased a nameless brand from China. Waited 50+ days and kept getting run around responses from seller. Fake tracking etc etc. Finally got a refund there. Then, found out Maxton also fabricates cup spoilers... got in touch with them, and they told me they do not fit US spec vehicle. Facepalm 🤦‍♂️. I love these things and I couldn’t find them anywhere.

Went online and searched one more time, low and behold ProjectRST.com has them! They are/were also on sale which is a plus. Guess what... they are out of stock lmao. Go figure. I got an email saying they sold out last week. BUT! They are manufacturing more. I don’t know if they bought the molds from fifteen52 or what but I spoke directly to them through email and they confirmed projectRST now manufactures them.

So, if you guys have been hunting for these as long as I have... you can find them there!

I’m excited and wanted to share.

Cheers!

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #3
I frigin hope not lmao, I hope they’re legit... they better be. Still curious as to what the deal is exactly. Ron at whoosh said he couldn’t have them make anymore for him unless he invested in 50+ units. It’s possible RST purchased that many? Or maybe they bought the molds? Who knows, who cares... if it is the earlier statement I suggest the people that want them get them now while they can.

I’ve been on a hair trigger almost ordering these for like a week plus. I had initially contacted fifteen 52 to ask if they were making more and they said no. Then found the project rst Site where they have them in stock.

I'm confused on the connection between fifteen 52 and project rst if fifteen 52 said they weren’t making the spoilers any longer. It really only matters as far how long They might be available, but I’m still, curious.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #7
I’ve been on a hair trigger almost ordering these for like a week plus. I had initially contacted fifteen 52 to ask if they were making more and they said no. Then found the project rst Site where they have them in stock.

I'm confused on the connection between fifteen 52 and project rst if fifteen 52 said they weren’t making the spoilers any longer. It really only matters as far how long They might be available, but I’m still, curious.
Yeah I don’t understand it either... but I can say the cups are legit. I got them and installed. Honestly I can’t see the car without them, I find them totally necessary. The fitment was pretty bad but trimmed up nicely. Overall I’m pleased with them. Expensive AF for what they are but like said earlier, def necessary.

Yeah I don’t understand it either... but I can say the cups are legit. I got them and installed. Honestly I can’t see the car without them, I find them totally necessary. The fitment was pretty bad but trimmed up nicely. Overall I’m pleased with them. Expensive AF for what they are but like said earlier, def necessary.
Yeah I much prefer the look of these to a splitter.

Yes cost is relatively high (but they are urethane which is awesome) so I’m crossing my fingers maybe they do some 4th of July sale on them.

I got a pair which I bought from project RST when they were on sale.
still haven't put them on tho -- just sitting in a box in the garage; I guess I'm waiting until I buy a widebody kit and end up painting everything up at the same time. That way I don't have to take them off and compromise the 3M tape.

Attachments

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #11
I got a pair which I bought from project RST when they were on sale.
still haven't put them on tho -- just sitting in a box in the garage; I guess I'm waiting until I buy a widebody kit and end up painting everything up at the same time. That way I don't have to take them off and compromise the 3M tape.
I painted mine and mounted them, also going widebody. The kit shouldn’t interfere with the cup spoilers. Paint them and get them on! Let me know how your fitment was... mine was pretty bad and needed plenty of trimming. Also, you’ll need adhesion primer and the 3m tape they sent was insufficient and generic. It didn’t bond well and was a few inches short of what was needed. Go buy a roll of true good tape in preparation. Use 3M primer #94 as a base. I purchased 5x little sticks of it for like 8$... I used 3x of them for the install. Also, I’d suggest getting 2x more self tapping screws, but not totally necessary. They only send 2.

85389120-8AFA-4079-9625-863F2B9FCD79.jpeg

Last edited:
I painted mine and mounted them, also going widebody. The kit shouldn’t interfere with the cup spoilers. Paint them and get them on! Let me know how your fitment was... mine was pretty bad and needed plenty of trimming. Also, you’ll need adhesion primer and the 3m tape they sent was insufficient and generic. It didn’t bond well and was a few inches short of what was needed. Go buy a roll of true good tape in preparation. Use 3M primer #94 as a base. I purchased 5x little sticks of it for like 8$... I used 3x of them for the install. Also, I’d suggest getting 2x more self tapping screws, but not totally necessary. They only send 2.

View attachment 33512
looking great! how much was it to paint them? I just need for this quarantine to be over so I can start working again; I need to start making income :cry:

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #15
looking great! how much was it to paint them? I just need for this quarantine to be over so I can start working again; I need to start making income :cry:
It was like 40$ using color match rattle can and primer from https://www.automotivetouchup.com/

Sorry to hear you’re out of work! Go find some soda cans to recycle for paint allowance! :)

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
just FYI we finally have a pallet of Fiesta and Focus cup spoilers on the way from 1552
looks for great deals on them very soon!
we've also added the Maxton cup spoiler front splitter to the site as well :oops:

It was like 40$ using color match rattle can and primer from https://www.automotivetouchup.com/

Sorry to hear you’re out of work! Go find some soda cans to recycle for paint allowance! :)
my roommates stopped drinking as much, now im only making like $15 from recyling lol.

did you sand them? if so what grit?
did you use primer?
where you able to paint them using only 1 can or 2?

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #18
my roommates stopped drinking as much, now im only making like $15 from recyling lol.

did you sand them? if so what grit?
did you use primer?
where you able to paint them using only 1 can or 2?
yeah I chose to sand them, I used 120-220 and a plastic adhesion primer, then color match paint. Supposedly you don’t need to sand them or prime them because they already come “primered” it’s actually just the material and I believe it accepts paint fine. I didn’t trust it but I didn’t know much about it so I just sanded, cleaned, primered, painted. One can of paint and primer was MORE than enough.

6335B592-816D-4BC5-95C6-2A524F9E4977.jpeg D34A4CC6-0F5D-4FED-BEAC-E3FC14395081.jpeg FDEA9BC3-F4EF-4DD5-BD0E-1510632BA440.jpeg D5BC1E31-AD29-4BB2-86A7-B908CEDE7271.jpeg