Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Finally got an ST

Greetings everyone. I've been interested in buying a FiST for several years now (my DD for the last 3 years has been a 1.0 Fiesta, which is a great car but doesn't have nearly the "fun factor" of the ST). The past several months I've been searching for a low mileage ST with Recaros. Finally found one last week and drove nearly 400 miles to go get it. I couldn't be more excited! (The cherry on top is that it's orange spice - my favorite color. Only thing I wish it had was the optional black wheels!)

It's a 2017 with sunroof and grey Recaros. 4280 miles when I picked it up.

20210115_171052_HDR.jpg
20210115_171059_HDR.jpg
20210122_145932_HDR.jpg

OP
superstu101
Thread Starter #5
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

It's 66*F now, with palm trees in MAINE?!?
Haha! Good question...I think it's more like 6.6 degrees in ME right now lol. I'm in grad school in SoCal, and bought the car in AZ. Coming from the rust belt, it seems so strange to not have any rust on vehicles!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome from another Orange Spice owner. Did you get that from a dealer in AZ that looks like the one I was trying to buy back at the end of 17 . The dealer had a great advertised price but had all these add ons that jacked the price . I wonder if they ever sold it

four hundred sacred miles I say. I bought my car with recaros but quickly sold them lol. FOR ME, they were not very comfortable so with the 1800 usd I made off of that sale, I bought a set of new sparcos with low profile brackets plus stock rears for the lovely sum of three hundred dollars wohoo.

OP
superstu101
Thread Starter #11
Welcome from another Orange Spice owner. Did you get that from a dealer in AZ that looks like the one I was trying to buy back at the end of 17 . The dealer had a great advertised price but had all these add ons that jacked the price . I wonder if they ever sold it
I bought it from the original owners who got it from a dealer in AZ. They purchased it in June of 2018, so it had been sitting on the lot for a long time.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I bought it from the original owners who got it from a dealer in AZ. They purchased it in June of 2018, so it had been sitting on the lot for a long time.
Ya I bet that was the one I was looking at. The dealer had a great price advertised on it. under 20k but they had a paint protection package they had applied plus a couple other things in total the extra’s added up to over 2-3k more on top of the advertised price lol. I was like screw it. I wound up getting mine local ordered Black wheels , smoke storm recaro’s and no sunroof for under 20k.

OP
superstu101
Thread Starter #13
Ya I bet that was the one I was looking at. The dealer had a great price advertised on it. under 20k but they had a paint protection package they had applied plus a couple other things in total the extra’s added up to over 2-3k more on top of the advertised price lol. I was like screw it. I wound up getting mine local ordered Black wheels , smoke storm recaro’s and no sunroof for under 20k.
Yup, it's likely the car you looked at. I have the window sticker and see it had several "options" from the dealer that jacked the price up (paint protection, tinted windows, etc...). Sounds like you got a great deal on yours!

I was happy I found one in good shape with low miles. Paid $15k, which seemed more than fair to me.

Welcome! if you’re on FB I’d def check out the New Englast RS/ST page. It’s a good source of information and help once you get past some of the typical FB page BS.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yup, it's likely the car you looked at. I have the window sticker and see it had several "options" from the dealer that jacked the price up (paint protection, tinted windows, etc...). Sounds like you got a great deal on yours!

I was happy I found one in good shape with low miles. Paid $15k, which seemed more than fair to me.
Yup thats the car. I did get a great deal on mine. I could not find what I wanted locally and then at the end of December 17 a 17 came up incoming at AutoNation Valencia . It was basically my car for $21,750. Which was cheaper than that Arizona car. But right after it arrived it got scooped after I had already been in contact with the dealer prior to arrival. So they referred me to their fleet manager who was the main ordering guy there. He basically ordered mine for me at invoice. By the time it came in I had put together 5k in discounts and rebates. So I was under invoice at $19,678 with the options.

$15k is a pretty good deal. Especially since your car only has 4k on it the original buyer took a real hit on that one.
Oh and don’t listen to other guy about the Recaro’s I love my Recaro’s and could drive for hours in them.

OP
superstu101
Thread Starter #16
Welcome! if you’re on FB I’d def check out the New Englast RS/ST page. It’s a good source of information and help once you get past some of the typical FB page BS.
I will definitely check that out! Thanks for the info.

OP
superstu101
Thread Starter #17
Yup thats the car. I did get a great deal on mine. I could not find what I wanted locally and then at the end of December 17 a 17 came up incoming at AutoNation Valencia . It was basically my car for $21,750. Which was cheaper than that Arizona car. But right after it arrived it got scooped after I had already been in contact with the dealer prior to arrival. So they referred me to their fleet manager who was the main ordering guy there. He basically ordered mine for me at invoice. By the time it came in I had put together 5k in discounts and rebates. So I was under invoice at $19,678 with the options.

$15k is a pretty good deal. Especially since your car only has 4k on it the original buyer took a real hit on that one.
Oh and don’t listen to other guy about the Recaro’s I love my Recaro’s and could drive for hours in them.
Under $20k for a new ST with Recaros is impressive. Glad you were able to grab it at that price!

I love the Recaros. I'm a pretty small guy so I fit in them fine. It seems that bigger body types have more of an issue with them. I've driven a nonST Fiesta for the past 3 years, so I'm familiar with the base seats. I personally think they're pretty good, but the Recaros are in another league. The bolstering is fantastic and they don't seem any less comfortable on long drives. Also, I love having heated seats...so that's a big bonus.