Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Finished FoST 2 Recaro swap

Finished swapping out my FiST seats. Process was pretty painless since I didnt have to wire anything up. Love the final results. Definitely recommend.
Sweet!!!

Do the airbags still work and all of that? Any other fitment issues?

Question on the seatbacks? Is there a plastic piece under the foam that shapes the bolsters or is it just metal frame and foam?

OP
J_Bolts
Thread Starter #8
Question on the seatbacks? Is there a plastic piece under the foam that shapes the bolsters or is it just metal frame and foam?
I don't know. I only pealed back the leather to swap the airbags

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

OP
J_Bolts
Thread Starter #10
Looks good. Did you do some modifications on the seat track/rail?
Nope no modifications required. You reuse the Fiesta track/rail. The bottom cushion attaches the exact same way on the FoST rack as it does on the FiST rack. You just have to buy some hardware to bolt the plastic support from the FoST bottom to the FiST bottom. The metal frames are exactly the same on both cars.

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

AzNightmare

Not all USDM FiSTs came with Recaros. So we swap these in, in place of buying FiST Recaros because they are substantially more expensive.
ahh.. I thought he just swapped FiST Recaros to FoST Recaros. lol...
I think Canadian FiST's also only came in with the Recaros.

AzNightmare

Yeah you and the rest of the world got lucky. Us fat americans did not lol
I see it more like the rest of the world just paid more for their cars cause the Recaros were included as the only option.
Although personally, I would not have been interested in the base seats anyway if I was in the States.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I see it more like the rest of the world just paid more for their cars cause the Recaros were included as the only option.
Although personally, I would not have been interested in the base seats anyway if I was in the States.
I had the base seats in my first FiST, I made it a point to get Recaros in my second one lol.