Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Firestone Indy 500

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just bought 4 Firestone Indy 500s in stock size from TireRack for $335 after $60 visa mail in gift card and a TireRack warehouse pickup discount of $40 Off instead of Shipping them even though shipping was free.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Nice! I'm hoping they get some memorial day action going.

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
If there is a TireRack warehouse near you.....they can be picked up and save an additional $40 on top of whatever manufacturer discounts you get. which is awesome!

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
If there is a TireRack warehouse near you.....they can be picked up and save an additional $40 on top of whatever manufacturer discounts you get. which is awesome!
Totally, but I'm a bit away from there, about two hours in Connecticut

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
Just fold the Seat down and lay them flat if you do....I know for a fact you can fit 4 stock Rados wheels in the back standing side by side in the back trunk area! Thanks Jeff!

CSM

1000 Post Club
Have you ran them before? I had a set for about 4/32s of life and ended up giving them to a forum friend. I run ZIIIs now...the grip is better in every way but the Indys were WAAAYYY more daily driveable. My car sounds like an offroad truck now

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I never understand when people talk about tire noise. Is your car electric or completely silent in some way for you to hear the tires? Do you never play music in your car? Like wtf lol, I feel the only way I'd hear my tires is if I'm cruising down the interstate at 70 and put it in neutral and be at idle rpm.

I have the Z3s.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I never understand when people talk about tire noise. Is your car electric or completely silent in some way for you to hear the tires? Do you never play music in your car? Like wtf lol, I feel the only way I'd hear my tires is if I'm cruising down the interstate at 70 and put it in neutral and be at idle rpm.

I have the Z3s.
What extra road noise you may tolerate, I may find annoying. Its one of the more highly subjective parts of owning our cars. Don't get me wrong the ZIIIs are great tires, an improvement over the ZIIs I had, but they are very noisy tires.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

I have the Z3s.
It's one of those things you don't really "get" until one day you get tires installed and you have that "aha!" moment. Then you'll want to drive your car into a wall to get away from the wahwahwahwahwah noise

TDavis

1000 Post Club
It's one of those things you don't really "get" until one day you get tires installed and you have that "aha!" moment. Then you'll want to drive your car into a wall to get away from the wahwahwahwahwah noise
I've driven my car on Z3s to Georgia and back, 2000 mile round trip, and didn't get bothered by the "noise" if there was any that I could hear lol

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I've driven my car on Z3s to Georgia and back, 2000 mile round trip, and didn't get bothered by the "noise" if there was any that I could hear lol
eh different tolerances I suppose. I want to buy a new drivers' seat because mine has a squeaking spring :p

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Yup! I didn't comprehend this until I bought a set of Michelin xice3
Winter tires will sound like you're on highway rumble strips 24/7

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My RS-RRs are most likely 2X+ noisier than the Z3s, and I am now getting used to them, even on the highway. [wink]
My 195/60-15 Altimax Arctic 12s, even on 15x7 wheels, are DEAD SILENT on the highway by comparison, so i guess I can 'tolerate' a lot? LOL

Mikey456

Just bought 4 Firestone Indy 500s in stock size from TireRack for $335 after $60 visa mail in gift card and a TireRack warehouse pickup discount of $40 Off instead of Shipping them even though shipping was free.

My stock Bridgestones are wearing out... Thinking about the Indy 500 as a option too. I’ve read that they are a little less grippy. Curious about the sidewall stiffness. Is it comparable to stock? I don’t like the tires rolling in the turns. Rather the tires just slide out. Any feedback would be appreciated.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
My stock Bridgestones are wearing out... Thinking about the Indy 500 as a option too. I’ve read that they are a little less grippy. Curious about the sidewall stiffness. Is it comparable to stock? I don’t like the tires rolling in the turns. Rather the tires just slide out. Any feedback would be appreciated.
From what I researched, there is a little drop off on sidewall stiffness with the Indy compared to stock. But is it worth the +$75 per tire? I say no! I plan on going with the Indy next summer when My stockers wear out.

Edit:
@Clit_Beastwood can attest to this actually, since I remember him saying that in another thread.

Last edited:

Mikey456

Yes I have to rationalize the +$75 per tire. They have come down in price at tire rack. But is it worth it. I’m at 13,000 miles. I might have another 10,000 miles left in them if I stay away from canyon driving :sneaky:

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I recently went from the stock Bridgestones to the Indy 500. Ultimate grip is pretty close, but I would say they lose about 10% in sidewall stiffness and the quickness of the turn in. It's a very small difference, but it is noticeable. Some of that could be attributable to having a new tire with full height tread blocks as opposed to my old tires which were virtually slicks.
It will be a hard decision for me next time I get tires, I'm tempted to go back to the Bridgestones to get the full quickness of the turn in which I enjoy, but it's such a small difference it's hard to justify the substantially higher price.