Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Looking for a loud but still crisp sounding exhaust

zack.g15

New to the Fiesta ST and I want a louder and better sound from the stock exhaust without terrible drone.

Last edited:
A 3” Straight pipe would be the loudest, but it would sound terrible in my opinion, and the drone would be horrible. Closest thing to that, that would be easy for a DIY job would be the muffler+res delete. But same issue would sound bad and drone bad.

OP
zack.g15

zack.g15

Thread Starter #3
A 3” Straight pipe would be the loudest, but it would sound terrible in my opinion, and the drone would be horrible. Closest thing to that, that would be easy for a DIY job would be the muffler+res delete. But same issue would sound bad and drone bad.
Alr thanks appreciate it any suggestions for something pretty loud but doesn’t drone too bad and still has that aggressive tone?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The ones which get a bit 'vociferous' under WOT, but are reasonable/un-objectionable under light/part throttle, with minimal to no drone, are the CP-E Nexus (minimal drone), and Thermal R&D (NO drone, as per most of the owners on here). (These are both 3" diameter systems.)

The ones which are a bit more toned down at WOT, and almost factory-like at idle/part throttle/steady cruising speeds are the FSWerks, Cobb, Borla (and the Ford Racing made by Borla), and Mountune. (ALL ~2.25" to 2.5" diameter systems)

I don't know enough about the Greddy, Injen, Miltek, etc. to either suggest them, or comment on them, one way or another, except for one mixed review of the Greddy, with a complaint about drone.

Most on here who have bought the MBRP could not take it for very long due to the pounding drone (but a few love it, despite that headache), and have swapped out for something more 'civilized', and less migraine inducing/deafening. [wink]

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My advice....DON'T DO IT. This will end up in the for sale or want to trade section on the forum. Its a waste.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

My Fiesta is kinda half parked because I lost most my studs doing a rallycross and my buddy and I bought a beater WRX to do wheel to wheel ice racing in, and I ended up dailying it. It has one of those ginormous fart cans on it, and I've been looking to get something quieter for cheap.
I remember now why I don't have a loud exhaust- cops will follow me around waiting for me to do something silly, parents watch my car as I drive through the neighborhood, and a young lady attempted to look alluring as she took a massive hit off her vape in my direction, oblivious to the fact that there was a middle aged dude on the other side of those tinted windows. Maybe I am just getting soft, but I don't want to get pulled over, yelled at, or murdered by my girlfriend.
I'm buying the first cheap muffler I can find.
Also, wheel to wheel ice racing is a great off season compliment to summer autocross.

Been a few weeks livong with my Thermal. Makes all the right noises when I want it to. Sounds like a deeper stock+ barely when I don't want noise.

I have probably owned 10-15+ systems on various cars over the years and this is certainly one of the best all around.

When I was younger I went for the rowdiest usually, but 85% of the time it was just more annoying than cool.

Think about what you really want. Some of these choices will be annoyingly loud to you and everybody else most of the time. And you can't "turn it off".