Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First snowfall after suspension replacement.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I think i need to check the alignment. Car behaved downright spooky and annoying AF innthebfirst snowfall this year. Im betting the shop that was supposed to after the deer didnt bother. ( seeing as nothing else was done by them 😒)

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have horror stories about shops not bothering to do the work I paid for. I remember a cycle shop that charged me for a maintenance session. They didn't even change the oil. Broke a few fasteners, though (I learned later). I paid for a tire I ordered, and refused to pay them for anything else at all, and walked out.
Go back and make them do it right.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I dont know what shop the repair guy that half assed my car used. Ive washed my hands of tracking down and making it right that way. Its gonna be way less stress to just get it aligned at a reputable place here.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Well the only thing that's adjustable is the toe so should take about 5 minutes once it's on the rack and sensors are hooked up.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Ill get it checked out after the new year. Heres hoping it comes back around.

On my focus i had them do zero toe on all 4 corners. What would be a good streetable setting on this car that isnt going to eat up tires but still make it tossable i to corners.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Ill get it checked out after the new year. Heres hoping it comes back around.

On my focus i had them do zero toe on all 4 corners. What would be a good streetable setting on this car that isnt going to eat up tires but still make it tossable i to corners.
Well you really can't do anything to the rears given the beam design.

I like to dial in 1/32 toe out up front for turn in, along with -1.8* camber. Which is max I can get with my camber bolts right now.

Caster is not adjustable on these cars? [dunno]
I was under the impression that caster is a dynamic alignment setting that changes depending on your camber setting, your toe setting, and your suspension compression. AFAIK it’s not really an adjustable setting since it will run through a range of values depending on what the car is doing.

I’m not a suspension guru though, just passing along what I had been told in a shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was under the impression that caster is a dynamic alignment setting that changes depending on your camber setting, your toe setting, and your suspension compression. AFAIK it’s not really an adjustable setting since it will run through a range of values depending on what the car is doing.

I’m not a suspension guru though, just passing along what I had been told in a shop.

Some cars have caster adjustment, but ours do not. I believe 0 to 0.2 is our spec toe range for stock settings, and should be pretty good. Too much either way can eat your tires up pretty quick.

The simple version is it’s the difference between vertical and your steering axis. Basically follow the strut. Caster can change your camber angle as you turn.