Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST AC Question

SrsBsns

We had a January heat wave here in SD over the weekend and temps were up into the 90's for a few days. I normally like to leave my windows down, but had the AC going and noticed that the air temperature coming through the vents changes depending on if I'm parked or in motion. When I'm driving, the AC is great, nice and cold. When I park, the AC starts blowing warmer air, regardless of how low the AC is set.

I believe that this is caused by airflow over the condenser (or lack thereof) but I wanted to know if this is normal for the FiST or if it's just me. I don't remember it doing this before. I would assume that the fan would kick on when the car idles and that would help to push air through the condenser and give me cold AC while I'm parked but that's not the case. I don't believe my levels are low since I do get very cold AC when moving.

Coolant temps are in the 180's and are very consistent with my Mountune rad so I know the fan is working, even when I'm just idling.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You should be able to get cold AC at a stoplight, and your fan should be running if the AC compressor is on.

I would test my car for you but kind of cold out.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Yeah it was pretty damn hot for January!
My AC is cold at idle or moving. Probably needs a recharge like TyphoonFist said

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #7
is the radiator fan turning on at all?
Yeah, I'm assuming so. The coolant temps stay level around 180' at idle so the fan needs to be running.

I'm guessing that I'm just due for a recharge like the others have mentioned.