Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fist overheating on a cold start.

ds-al-go

I have a 2014 fist with 63k on the clock. I went on a 5 and a half hour trip north where the air temp dropped about 20 degrees. When i tried to drive it the following day and it had cooled off the car would start and idle fine but about 1min into driving it the overheating light would go off and the temp gauge would max out putting it into limp mode. Its around 35 degrees out and the block is cold but it continues to do that. I replaced the coolant temp sensor under the air intake. But that did not seem to do the trick. I have read about some recalls on the thermostat But im not sure if that is the problem as it seems to be electrical based off the fact it is over heating imeaditly without actually being hot. Im trying to figure out the problem as quick as possible as im military and im home for a 4 day weekend and need to be back at work 5 hours away on Wednesday any help to diagnose the issue would be greatly appreciated.

OP
D

ds-al-go

Thread Starter #5
I bought the vehicle a year ago, and when looking at the ford web sight where you type in your vin to see your recalls it does not show any so i honestly have no idea if the recall has been done. But im leaning towards that being the issue.

OP
D

ds-al-go

Thread Starter #7
How old is your battery?
I bought the vehicle from a dealership in January, and i have not changed out the battery. But the vehicle start perfectly fine with no delay so im not sure if the battery is the issue. Could it be?