Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST to be a classic in 2039?

OP
hot_hatch
Thread Starter #2
EDIT: Changed link because on desktop computers it did not work like I hoped. But now it does.

Don't really agree with the M5 or 370Z, also no need to stick the corvette on there twice, lol

Fiesta really reminds me of the E30 M3, although it will probably end up like the 323GTX or Colt GLH... forgotten special editions. Just my feeling on it. The fact that most people will probably have to google those models is my proof, haha.

It would stand the test of time better if it was a stand alone car, but because it is a special edition of an already existing economy car that will forever be held over it. Even for me, when I tell people I bought a Fiesta ST, they look at me and go "Why did you buy a Fiesta?"... then I have to spend time to explain why an ST is different. These special editions usually come out for just a few years and then disappear because the sales just don't compare to the base models.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Yeah, like the Boss 302 mustang is'nt a classic. because it was based on the Mustang GT [???:)]

Because people are not well informed now, and don't know what a Fiesta ST is now, does not necessarily mean a car will or will not become a classic. Classics are made when people realize after 10 - 30 years, the technical or esthetic superiority of a particular make. Ford is making several models which I expect to see on Barret Jackson, as the new age of muscle cars in 2039. GT350 will be one of them, possibly the Fist will be another one.

To be fair, Mustangs can be classics on their own without being a special edition.

The 323GTX is a perfect example of how a car was overlooked simply because a normal 323 will never be a classic. I just don't think a normal Fiesta will ever be regarded as anything special in 25 years time... I'd say the Fiesta ST is worthy, but it probably won't be remembered.

Not talking the car down, I love this car... I will own one whenever it arrives, haha. I just don't think it has the staying power of some of the other cars.

Cayman will be a classic for instance... special editions like the Cayman R will probably be worth a small mountain of money in 25 years time.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I doubt the FiST will ever be a true collectors car, same goes for the Focus SVT.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am sure glad the car will be a classic in 2039.
I am sure I will be dust.

Dave

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I doubt the FiST will ever be a true collectors car, same goes for the Focus SVT.
I agree. Clean, original ones might be worth something, but never a lot.

I think the ST will be remembered as the first volley in what I hope will be an American hot hatch war. If it continues to dominate this small segment, maybe other makers will step up, and light, but sporty economical cars will become more common all around.

That's always been my favorite kind of car: Something practical and cheap to use daily, but fun to drive. In the motorcycle community, you often hear, "It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than to ride a fast bike slow." Give me something that corners, and I'll get where I'm going with just as big a smile as the guy in the faster car.

It would be great to have a 600+ hp Shelby, but that much power is frustrating. You'll only ever be able to explore the limits on a race track, and you'll spend a fortune to do it.

Europe's loved hot hatches for decades. America? Not so much. The ST might change that. That's what makes it historically significant.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Ahhhhh.... Dodge conquest TSi... Lol.
All the cars mentioned, I'd love to have, the issue is.... How much would I pay for a nice one? $2000 for the right conquest. $2600 for a really nice GLH omni ($3200 for a shelby). $1500 for a colt GLH (or what ever the 4g61-T one was). Mazda 323 GTx awd? $2200.

That's just me... I had a friend pay $12k for a GLH-S Omni.

But even as a "classic", and those cars are AWESOME they just are not worth much.... Shame too...

On the flipside... What % of there original value are those cars worth? A GLH omni was like $4400.00 new? Lol. If I told you you could sell your fiesta sT for $18,000 in 30 years, would you be happy? I definitely would be !!

^^ If you account for inflation, 4000$ used to be a lot of cash for a car! I think 25 years ago my parents paid just 30K for their house!!

In the late 80's, you could get a BMW M3 out the door for under 30K... and that was considered quite pricey. How much is an M3 these days?

25 years from now wages will be higher, houses will cost more, cars will be at least 50K. You might get 18K for your car, but it will be equivalent to maybe just 4K today.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
^^ If you account for inflation, 4000$ used to be a lot of cash for a car! I think 25 years ago my parents paid just 30K for their house!!

In the late 80's, you could get a BMW M3 out the door for under 30K... and that was considered quite pricey. How much is an M3 these days?

25 years from now wages will be higher, houses will cost more, cars will be at least 50K. You might get 18K for your car, but it will be equivalent to maybe just 4K today.
I agree :)
But price a festiva, lol. Its not $4000.00
Even with inflation, I'd be happy to get 75% of msrp.

IMO the FiST will be a classic like the MK1 GTI is a classic. It wasn't a monster car at the time, but it hit all the right fun buttons and it's still fun today.