Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiSTY's bolt-on bonanza!

• Sparco Asseto Gara 16x7 Wheels
    • Falken RT660 tires
    • Riken Raptor A/S (winter)
  • Velossatech Rear Diffuser Fins
  • mountune High Flow Air Filter
  • mountune High Flow Induction Hose
  • mountune Induction Upgrade Kit
  • mountune Roll restrictor (RMM)
  • mountune Intercooler
  • mountune Turbosmart Kompact BOV kit
  • mountune Rallyarmor Mudflaps
  • Whoosh Thermal R&D Cat-Back Exhaust
  • NGK step colder plugs
  • Mountune optimized calibration 93
  • Dizzy stage 2 93 & E30
  • Tunewerks stage 2 93 & E50
  • lights (Euro projector heads, spec D tails, diode dynamics fogs, sequential mirrors).
  • St Carbon Shift Knob
  • mountune UK chin spoiler
  • Whoosh Stubby antenna
  • EBC pads & slotted rotors
  • Whoosh Trunk Brace
  • Whoosh Trac bar
All work done by https://www.automotiondesign.com/

Updated 9/8/23

Last edited:
Installed
  • Sparco Asseto Gara 16x7 Wheels
    • Riken Raptor All (read: No) Season Tires
  • Velossatech Rear Diffuser Fins

• COBB Accessport V3
  • mountune Optimized Calibration*
  • mountune High Flow Air Filter
  • mountune High Flow Induction Hose
  • mountune Induction Upgrade Kit
  • mountune roll restrictor (RMM)
  • mountune Intercooler
  • mountune Turbosmart Kompact BOV kit
  • mountune Ralliarmor Mudflaps
Pending Shipment
  • Whoosh Thermal R&D Cat-Back Exhaust
  • NGK stage colder plugs
  • Dizzy stage 2 E30
*A little bummed to learn "optimized calibration" means OTS and not custom e-tune (like it did once upon a time)... but already got Dizzy on deck.

My aim was nothing more than a little extra exhaust/turbo noise and power... for now. Imagine this will quickly descend into madness.

Next up... Summer tires. Any recommendations for 205/45 16? Eyeing Indy500 as they're getting the best rating on tirerack in my size.
Is that the Mountune B7 package? I'm putting that on now.

Cool! Have fun with the downpipe! Lol. I also have the Whoosh crossover so I had to take off the wipers and panels and it really opened up access to the downpipe. How's the BOV sound? I got the one you have.

OP
FiSTY
Thread Starter #6
Cool! Have fun with the downpipe! Lol. I also have the Whoosh crossover so I had to take off the wipers and panels and it really opened up access to the downpipe. How's the BOV sound? I got the one you have.
BOV offers a very satisfying "Pssssh" (mild to wild depending on load). This one plugs into symposer port, so I imagine we hear it a little more in the cabin (vs. traditional fitment). It also tames that artificial exhaust note. Win-win!

After trading my (heavily modded) WRX, one of the things I missed most was turbo noise. Between the intake, induction hose and and BOV I am thoroughly satisfied with the noises of my FiST. I imagine your set up will yeild even better sounding results with the extra piping.

Well I'll have to wait to hear the satisfying "Pssssh". Two of the downpipe bolt heads snapped off!!! AHHH!! Fortunately the bolt with the non-open mounting hole came out completely. The 1st one snapped while trying to tighten it. It was real hard to turn and wasn't even touching the flange when it broke. The second broke while trying to take it out completely. After the 1st one broke I wanted to remove the 2nd one completely. Plan was to restore all the threads with a tap tool.

I had plans on either S280 or Whoosh Hybrid next year. (y)

Back to today...The plan WAS to take the turbo out completely to make extracting the bolts easier. But since I'm taking the turbo out, let's go ahead and just do it!

So...Whoosh Hybrid is on the way. Then back to Jason for additional tuning.

I installed some Swift springs today. Iā€™ve never done a spring install so it was fun to tackle something new.

The rears literally take 10 minutes to do.

The fronts werenā€™t bad at all except I did strip the driverā€™s side allen on the front sway end link. I grabbed some Moog links from Advanced Auto. I was able to get the passenger side end link off with no issue.

I took it out for a spin around the block, nothing too crazy. I can definitely notice a huge difference already though. Car is much more planted and controlled.

10/10 would recommend some springs for your Fiesta!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zacsme

I run the Indy 500s but 205/45 16 on 16x7 Motegi MR116s. I swapped to 16 because Ohio roads on stock wheels were blowing tires too often. I've run the Indy 500s for 2 summers now and they have been amazing.
My FiST is a 2014 stock everything. Looking at the Mountune B7 package for this summer and Whoosh exhaust as well, but not sure what I want yet.

Last edited:
OP
FiSTY
Thread Starter #12
Got $750 in the fun (read: FiST) budget that I don't know what to do with. Don't really feel like I need more power at this point. Maybe help putting it down (I imagine tires and braces will go a long way).

Eyeing: Tunewerks 93/100/E40 tunes, Mountune UK spoiler extension (if/when they bring back).

What would you do next?

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've got a $250 Whoosh gift card and another $750 in the fun (read: FiST) budget that I don't know what to do with. Don't really feel like I need more power at this point. Maybe help putting it down (I imagine tires will go a long way).

Eyeing: Tunewerks 93/100/E40 tunes, Mountune spoiler extension (if/when they bring back). Maybe some (2/4/6 pt) braces?

What would you do next?

Whoosh steering wheel*

Whoosh 2 point trac bar maybe? I've been thinking about that since I've gotten the E30 tune. If cheap bracing improves the way the front end feels and puts down power even a little bit that sounds like a great thing to go for.

Last edited:
OP
FiSTY
Thread Starter #15
Whoosh 2 point trac bar maybe? I've been thinking about that since I've gotten the E30 tune. If cheap bracing improves the way the front end feels and puts down power even a little bit that sounds like a great thing to go for.
Done! That and trunk bar (cause why not?). šŸ¤£. Picked up a Tee and the carbon fiber ST handbrake trim to round out the gift card.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got $750 in the fun (read: FiST) budget that I don't know what to do with. Don't really feel like I need more power at this point. Maybe help putting it down (I imagine tires and braces will go a long way).

Eyeing: Tunewerks 93/100/E40 tunes, Mountune UK spoiler extension (if/when they bring back).

What would you do next?
I got a set of the rear wing extensions from Thailand. $127 shipped and took less than 2 weeks. Lighter than the Mountune ones but a great copy. I painted mine silver to contrast the gloss black wing on my silver car!