Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fitment and spacers with fifteen52 podiums

Hi all, enjoying a new to me 2015 fist. I was putting Bilsteins in the back yesterday and noticed the previous owner had added spacers with the fifteen52 podium rims. Looks like the rims have a +42 mm offset. I’m not sure what the spacer width is - need to go in with a caliper next time.

Wondering if I can get rid of these cheap spacers as the amount of grab for the lugs is very limited and honestly a bit worrisome. Thanks!

Attachments

dhminer

2000 Post Club
All of the 1552s are 17x7.5et42 and do not need spacers of any kind. I'm on my second set and they fit great. I've also run them with and without hub rings and haven't found there to be any difference.

On another note congrats on the new ride. Hit me up if you want to hit a cars and coffee or cruise sometime. I'm in Carmel.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'll put money on whomever had that FiST last had a BBK on it and took the BBK off it and sold it. Then proceeded to trade it in with stock calipers* unless you have BBK on it now. BBK is Big Brake Kit* also.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Hi all, enjoying a new to me 2015 fist. I was putting Bilsteins in the back yesterday and noticed the previous owner had added spacers with the fifteen52 podium rims. Looks like the rims have a +42 mm offset. I’m not sure what the spacer width is - need to go in with a caliper next time.

Wondering if I can get rid of these cheap spacers as the amount of grab for the lugs is very limited and honestly a bit worrisome. Thanks!
Whether or not you want to get rid of them is up to you. It's all about the look! This place https://www.motorsport-tech.com sells custom spacers; folks on the forum including myself have purchased from them. They recommend 6-8 full turns after the threads are engaged to ensure proper hardware engagement. Hope this helps!

OP
tri-pedaler
Thread Starter #6
Great - I was hoping I could take off the spacers, and it seems to make sense that I could given the 1552 offset v stock - good to know it will work fine.

It doesn't look like it has a BBK (Lucas caliper and R1 drilled and slotted rotors)

@dhminer that'd be great! I'm in Laurence area and some fun roads around Fall Creek. Is there a cars and coffee coming up?

OP
tri-pedaler
Thread Starter #7
Whether or not you want to get rid of them is up to you. It's all about the look! This place https://www.motorsport-tech.com sells custom spacers; folks on the forum including myself have purchased from them. They recommend 6-8 full turns after the threads are engaged to ensure proper hardware engagement. Hope this helps!
Good to know - I'll count my turns tonight with them on, otherwise I'm taking them off (though they do look good...)

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Great - I was hoping I could take off the spacers, and it seems to make sense that I could given the 1552 offset v stock - good to know it will work fine.

It doesn't look like it has a BBK (Lucas caliper and R1 drilled and slotted rotors)

@dhminer that'd be great! I'm in Laurence area and some fun roads around Fall Creek. Is there a cars and coffee coming up?
Nice, I used to work over at 56th and Post right by you.

First cars and coffee isn't until mid-March https://www.facebook.com/pg/IndyCarsandCoffee/events/