Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Flashing Process - Immobilizer Pop Up

So I just noticed this when loading a flash tune and I am curious if anyone is having the same "issue".

Quick run down of whats happening. I load the flash tune through the AP and it loads correctly. When I get the final pop up on the AP saying turn the vehicle off for 15 seconds before starting I get a chime from the vehicle and a pop up on the navigation screen saying "Immobilizer malfunction Service now". This pops up approx. 3 seconds after the AP shows the message saying the tune was loaded successfully.

The car will start up fine after being off for the 15 seconds, and the immobilizer malfunction message doesn't appear to come back.

Before anyone asks, all fuses are good, battery ground is clean and tight, battery is 12.40-12.60 with the key on engine off.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Yep. Every time too. That's why it gives you that warning don't start for 15 seconds. That's not just the immobilizer function that acts up, hill assist turns off no power steering a lot of systems have to reboot in those 15 seconds. If you turn it on too soon it'll also scream at you immobilizer until you shut the car down completely and then turn the car back on.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk