Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FSWERKS Green Filter Cool-Flo Air Intake Just Arrived!

My FSWERKS Green Filter Cool-Flo Air Intake just arrived and I have some pictures before install. I will do after pictures as well as a video with sound for those interested in the sound. I'm very happy with the quality of everything from what I see, actually the nicest one I've seen in a while. Hopefully install goes smoothly. This will be my first turbo car intake install, if there's any pointers any one has to help I'd really appreciate it.
View attachment 608 View attachment 609

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
7mm ratchet wrench will be your friend. The coupler that attaches to the intake is kind of a pain to get tight

Other than that it's a pretty straight forward install

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #3
OK great is that for taking the stock intake out? I have everything for installing the new one. The instructions say that the pipe connected to the turbo can be a little tough to get off too, other than that I figured it should probably take less than a half an hour, hopefully Lol

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Well you'll need it to loosen the clamp on the stock intake, and tighten it on the new one.
It shouldn't take long. I can get it on and off in probably 5 minutes now lol

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Yes very good quality and would be a perfect mod for what you have already done. I'm sure you would see a nice difference in power and throttle response.
I am really on the fence right now, I have a panel filter that is doing a pretty good job for $45 bucks, $300 is pretty steep for the FSWERK intake, the Injen one is also pretty nice but at $250 is also pretty steep :( Call me cheap lol

If you install a CAI doesn't the computer need to be programmed for the increase of air intake? Knew a dude that put a cheap CAI and exhaust on his subaru and it destroyed his engine. Just curious how these Ford Turbos do with a CAI and if it will tear the motor up…

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
If you install a CAI doesn't the computer need to be programmed for the increase of air intake? Knew a dude that put a cheap CAI and exhaust on his subaru and it destroyed his engine. Just curious how these Ford Turbos do with a CAI and if it will tear the motor up?
The cars in the states are not MAF tuned. So no.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
This is an interesting read. Never knew to much about these cars. So quick question, would it be wise to have a Cai in a place where weather drops to 0 and below during the winter? Thinking about picking one up but not going to burn myself
I don't see why not? The FSwerks and injen aren't cai's anyway, they're short ram intakes, so they'll be in the warm engine bay.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #18
I am really on the fence right now, I have a panel filter that is doing a pretty good job for $45 bucks, $300 is pretty steep for the FSWERK intake, the Injen one is also pretty nice but at $250 is also pretty steep :( Call me cheap lol
I went with the FSWERKS because they seemed to know our cars the best and the quality is great. I Think $300 is a lot but considering the the other modifications I am interested in FSWERKS sport exhaust and Cobb tune. Those are what like $550 exhaust and $500 for accessport, do you think they are $1050 worthy during every day driving? Do you feel the power difference a lot?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I went with the FSWERKS because they seemed to know our cars the best and the quality is great. I Think $300 is a lot but considering the the other modifications I am interested in FSWERKS sport exhaust and Cobb tune. Those are what like $550 exhaust and $500 for accessport, do you think they are $1050 worthy during every day driving? Do you feel the power difference a lot?
The AP? Yes, you definitely feel that on every day driving haha

Its funny that no matter what car you have the aftermarket parts are all priced about the same. The parts for my previous charger hemi was same prices as these for a 1.6. Just thought that was interesting. Where is Kirtland AFB? I'm at the best AFB called Offutt blah blah…. [poke]