Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Foglamp question

PunkST

2000 Post Club
So stock lighting sucks. And in the rain and snow it gets worse. Sticking brighter bulbs in the headlamps will just cause worse glare and annoy other drivers.

Now, i have yellow laminX covers on my foglamps. But id love for brighter light in bad weather, which we have frequently enough in Wisconsin. So im hopeful for an either HID or LED kit, preferably hid, that fit the factory foglamps and are of decent quality, and plug into the stock harness.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Ill look into them. This heavy snow fall really wasnt fun, its not gonna stick but it was almost a white out with big heavy flakes.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
They definitely shine yellow. It has a nice look and protects the lens. I dont think it helped much except for in heavy fog. On the low beam with the fogs on its the same throw as stock which isnt far enough, just more yellow. If we had a better bulb or a proper projector/ led setup down there i feel they would definitely do much better.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I just ordered these, only $72 vs. $150+ for the Diode Dynamics or $200 for the Moritmoto XB.... Yes, the stock housing just suck and I have what is supposed to be neutral white 4300k bulbs but with yellow Lamin-X the output still comes out green so the bulbs are slightly blue and not 4300k pure white, so too hard to find the right LED that will give yellow and not green final output and the stock reflector output pattern still sucks, so these are a good option. These are also projector so they have a clean cutoff.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WNSKS8D

1572355874075.png

Last edited:

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I has some HIDs in the stock fog light housing and they were bright enough to drive at night without headlights.

I accidentally ordered some amber/orange LEDs for the fogs. I ended up liking the look so I kept them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SrsBsns

I just ordered these, only $72 vs. $150+ for the Diode Dynamics or $200 for the Moritmoto XB.... Yes, the stock housing just suck and I have what is supposed to be neutral white 4300k bulbs but with yellow Lamin-X the output still comes out green so the bulbs are slightly blue and not 4300k pure white, so too hard to find the right LED that will give yellow and not green final output and the stock reflector output pattern still sucks, so these are a good option. These are also projector so they have a clean cutoff.

View attachment 24710
Are these a direct fit or did you have to modify them?

I went with the AuxBeam H11's for my low's and now my fogs look extra terrible compared to the new headlight bulbs. I just didn't want to spend $150 on the Diode kit, even though it looks really nice.

TDavis

1000 Post Club

I went with the AuxBeam H11's for my low's and now my fogs look extra terrible compared to the new headlight bulbs. I just didn't want to spend $150 on the Diode kit, even though it looks really nice.
I don't know about those $70 ones but my Morimotos where Plug n Play and bolted right up.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Dang, that amber looks good, might even be worth finding an H11 bulb accepting projector housing to cut the glare from up top... I wonder if anyone has experimented with a piece of black tint over maybe the top 1/3 of the lens to create a fake cutoff to use with the factory fog housings.... hmmm.

danbfree

3000 Post Club

Direct fit, we have an ultra common housing style. I wouldn't have posted them without "how" I did it if I had to modify them, hehe.. but yeah, once I figured out that we have the same fog as many Subaru, Honda and Acura, I finally found these and they say 2014 Fiesta ST, they just never bothered to add more years for some reason but the fog lights are all the same on all 2013-2019 Fiesta/ST's...

Last edited:

View attachment 24710
Would you mind uploading some photos to see the performance of that $72 kit? Some closeups, long shots, etc. (?)

Sam4

I'll go out on a limb and suggest the OE's really have no business being called "fog lamps/lights", they suck. They improve the headlights....barely. I don't think all the bulbs in the world will make a difference. I did change mine out for Luxeon LEDs which seem to improve basic lighting, but I'm not headed to 24hr du Mans anytime soon. Maybe they're made by Joseph Lucas, the Prince of Darkness??

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Would you mind uploading some photos to see the performance of that $72 kit? Some closeups, long shots, etc. (?)
Got them in last night! They look great, didn't get many pics but they stay in sync perfectly when going back and forth.. white shoots up higher and add to headlights but with little glare, I'll be doing a whole post with more pics soon!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I'll go out on a limb and suggest the OE's really have no business being called "fog lamps/lights", they suck. They improve the headlights....barely. I don't think all the bulbs in the world will make a difference. I did change mine out for Luxeon LEDs which seem to improve basic lighting, but I'm not headed to 24hr du Mans anytime soon. Maybe they're made by Joseph Lucas, the Prince of Darkness??
I just got them out last night, cheap ass flimsy Valeo basic reflectors, glad they're out!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk