Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD For Sale : Mountune Mtune 215 tuner $300 shipped. SOLD

Trader history for bisossk (1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First i have an unmarried Mountune Mtune 215 tuner.
I bought this from another user on the forum's and decided to go a different route so I'm going to sell it.
I'm asking for $300 shipped OBO.

IMG_20190717_190215.jpg IMG_20190717_190220.jpg IMG_20190717_190248.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm afraid to tell ya bud....You never gave the RMM the proper time to break in...which takes weeks to sometimes months! GLWS.. I'm sure someone will give it a good home!

Wish this was posted a week ago! Just took delivery of mine on Monday. Would've saved me 200 break in miles and 30 dollars. :poop:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I used this motor mount for less then 200 miles. It was just a little to stiff for my liking.
I have had my 70a for <2 months and 900 miles. ONLY during AC on/idling does it vibe. I'm satisfied with it otherwise, so I'm learning to deal with it. And I'm too cheap to buy another...

Spork1569

I have had my 70a for <2 months and 900 miles. ONLY during AC on/idling does it vibe. I'm satisfied with it otherwise, so I'm learning to deal with it. And I'm too cheap to buy another...
I had the 70A AWR before switching to my Mountune RMM and the way the AWR grips was awesome, I just couldn't stand how it shook violently everytime I took off, around 1000 rpms was the worst of it. Luckily got a steal on the Mountune mount and decided to upgrade the other engine mounts recently as well.

Now with the Mountune and street engine mounts in the other 2 is a perfect middle ground. There's definitely some added vibes but theyre liveable, and engine movement is about as good as I remember with the AWR.

I wished I would have seen this, I just installed the same RMM. The vibration is not bad at all, If I drove the car for the first time and never knew what it felt like stock I wouldn't notice it. I do think the 70 is the way to go for a street car. If anyone is looking for a RMM don't hesitate to buy this one, it is a quality piece!

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I wished I would have seen this, I just installed the same RMM. The vibration is not bad at all, If I drove the car for the first time and never knew what it felt like stock I wouldn't notice it. I do think the 70 is the way to go for a street car. If anyone is looking for a RMM don't hesitate to buy this one, it is a quality piece!
I don't see how yours is any different from mine and I have NVH big time WHEN the AC is on, at 950-1k rpm. VERY noticeable. Have you tried it with the AC on?

AWR 88 here, along with TTR mounts (75 durometer). Definitely need to give it more than a couple hundred miles before calling it quits. 1000 miles on the TTRs and about 700 on the AWR and the NVH is much more bearable:cool:(y).

I don't see how yours is any different from mine and I have NVH big time WHEN the AC is on, at 950-1k rpm. VERY noticeable. Have you tried it with the AC on?
Yes I use the AC - I live in Florida. There are definitely vibrations but to me they are very minimal. Maybe it's because I'm a former Honda guy and vibrations are just part of life.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just to add, you can't compare durometer ratings between the AWR and others like the Cobb/Mountune/Vudu common style. The AWR uses small bushings, so you have much less amount of poly before you are at metal, which is fine, it's just that their 70a more comparable to an 80a in those other styles with much thicker bushings. But yes, the AWR 70a is perfect for most who aren't afraid of a touch of vibes, the Cobb is the softest, the Whoosh Street is just slightly stiffer than the Cobb and is perfect for many, then you have Mountune and Vudu, very similar to Whoosh but at a much higher cost. The more vibes you can stand the better though, makes the car feel SO much more solid in traction and shifting feel. After breaking my Torque Solutions, which is slightly stiffer than the Cobb I now have a Pwnall Performance one, likely similar to the Whoosh race version and I took a 1500 mile road trip to get it broken in and it's still pretty bad taking off and through the 2400-2800 RPM range. All I can think of is that I over torqued it, so I'm gonna go back in and torque it to spec (55 lb/ft) and see if it's better. Also, likely will get better with even more miles, so it does take a good couple 2k miles to fully break in.

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Just to add, you can't compare durometer ratings between the AWR and others like the Cobb/Mountune/Vudu common style.
Exactly. That is the problem. We have to rely on customer feedback and we all know that is a YMMV opinion factory. It would be awesome if some company or youtube channel would use scientific instruments (NVH detectors mounted on the steering wheel, dash, seats, etc., and sound meters) and plot into a matrix. Maybe Engineering Explained...?

Status
Not open for further replies.