Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

For those that installed new crossover pipe

So installing a new crossover pipe looking at the ram air or the like is it a matter of removing the old crossover pipe and installing the new or do you truly have to pull more of the plastic around the wiper blades off to get in there to work?

Spork1569

So installing a new crossover pipe looking at the ram air or the like is it a matter of removing the old crossover pipe and installing the new or do you truly have to pull more of the plastic around the wiper blades off to get in there to work?
I have the Whoosh crossover which is pretty similar to the ramair. I was originally going to try to do the install without removing the cowl bit ultimately decided it wasn't worth scratching everything up to save 5 minutes.

It's actually a pretty easy removal and if you've removed headlights before that's half of the battle already. You get so much more work to work with it's worth the trouble and you won't ding your new pipe up just getting it in place.

Also keep in mind if you have an OCC that would add to the difficulty, I had a Damond OCC at the time and it's location was just perfectly placed to where it would block access to the worm hose to remove the crossover pipe.

jeff

2000 Post Club
OP
vmaxbaby
Thread Starter #4
Like he said above, just remove it all. I've removed the cowl probably 15 times, it's super simple and you'll have much more room.

Headlight removal is super easy also, you can do it without cussing too, here's a helpful video I made on the subject if you like:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBswGbjUeJI

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...install-without-cussing-video-tutorial.16916/
Great video as always, can’t understand why ford couldn’t have made that more straight forward with out all the moving parts :(

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Many Vehicles you have to remove the bumper to remove the headlight so really not bad at all.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
Many Vehicles you have to remove the bumper to remove the headlight so really not bad at all.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
ha ha right on, I recently installed new headlights in my prelude and the front bumper had to come off. I was like what the heck?

Here is a little tip when re-installing the headlight. I lost my cool and cracked one of the screw tabs on the passenger side headlight trying to get it back in place. I discovered there is a sliding bracket under the light that engages a moulded in support on the bottom of the light. Mine was out of alignemnt and wouldn't allow the headlight to get down enough to install. That sliding bracket needs to be aligned to the moulded headlight extension and in the rearward position for the light to fit. If you are lucky the bracket will stay in place when you remove the headlight, but if it doesn't go in easy it may have shifted forward or twisted.....if that happens you will not get the headlight in place until you re-align the bracket and put it in the rearward position

Last edited:

jeff

2000 Post Club
Here is a little tip when re-installing the headlight. I lost my cool and cracked one of the screw tabs on the passenger side headlight trying to get it back in place. I discovered there is a sliding bracket under the light that engages a moulded in support on the bottom of the light. Mine was out of alignemnt and wouldn't allow the headlight to get down enough to install. That sliding bracket needs to be aligned to the moulded headlight extension and in the rearward position for the light to fit. If you are lucky the bracket will stay in place when you remove the headlight, but if it doesn't go in easy it may have shifted forward or twisted.....if that happens you will not get the headlight in place until you re-align the bracket and put it in the rearward position
Here is a helpful video I made on this subject:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BBswGbjUeJI

Already had the lights out a few times in one year of ownership, watched that vid the first time and it's been pretty painless everytime.