Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

For those with a 3.5 BAR TIP Map sensor....

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is this something I should ponder getting before I Start into a new Tune and is it worth it? This is for those who have and utilize it for higher boost output. Does the Stock Sensor really start to get Fritzy up around its max output?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Max you can see is about 26-27 with the stock sensor. I can see up to like 35? It does definitely need to be tuned for or the car runs like ass.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
This I know....it will need tuned to tell the computer it is there or it will run incorrectly. I will consult my tuner to see if there is a need to make the car run properly and avoid issues while tuning if I am going to go for higher HP than I am now. If I have the sensor at least I can run the same amount of boost now but just not have to worry about the it getting iffy up near or past 28 PSI.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
This I know....it will need tuned to tell the computer it is there or it will run incorrectly. I will consult my tuner to see if there is a need to make the car run properly and avoid issues while tuning if I am going to go for higher HP than I am now. If I have the sensor at least I can run the same amount of boost now but just not have to worry about the it getting iffy up near 28 PSI.
If your not planning to up the output past 27-28 just keep the stocker. See if your like me and preload your turbo to the end of its all thread then yes you need one lol.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
Id like tpo that's the thing and avoid causing the OEM sensor to be running at its limits and avoiding it giving mediocre readings.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Id like tpo that's the thing and avoid causing the OEM sensor to be running at its limits and avoiding it giving mediocre readings.
That's understandable. Well stratified is well versed in that sensor and since your going with them I think it'd be a good idea just to have some future proofing. What other new mods are you planning? Your car already goes fairly fast from what you've talked about.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
That's understandable. Well stratified is well versed in that sensor and since your going with them I think it'd be a good idea just to have some future proofing. What other new mods are you planning? Your car already goes fairly fast from what you've talked about.

Wanted to try different tuning capabilities as all tuners dont tuner exactly the same. Not much left except maybe Brakes and LSD. Some cosmetic stuff is due....I.E paint. And some garbage.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Wanted to try different tuning capabilities as all tuners dont tuner exactly the same. Not much left except maybe Brakes and LSD. Some cosmetic stuff is due....I.E paint. And some garbage.

I got the mfactory lsd. It handles the power fairly well and pulls pretty hard even with loss of traction. I'm gonna need some new tires soon. I need to get brakes too but the good ones are so freaking expensive...

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Spoke to Stratifed and their input was if I was only Running a GTX3071 or higher would I need the 3.5 BAR Map sensor. The Stock MAP is more than adequate.

I beg to disagree. The stock map sensor only reads to 29.25 psi. So I'm in the situation right now where I am tuning above that psi, and cannot read boost. It just pegs at 29.25. I'll be upgrading the map sensor, so I can continue to monitor boost pressure as I always have.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I beg to disagree. The stock map sensor only reads to 29.25 psi. So I'm in the situation right now where I am tuning above that psi, and cannot read boost. It just pegs at 29.25. I'll be upgrading the map sensor, so I can continue to monitor boost pressure as I always have.
Can't you change the signal from the OEM MAP sensor to the upgraded TIP 3.5bar sensor for the boost reading?

Can't you change the signal from the OEM MAP sensor to the upgraded TIP 3.5bar sensor for the boost reading?
No, they are 2 different sensors. Both used by the ecu. The common upgrade is the TIP sensor, because this is used in calculations that can cause throttle closures. So it must be replaced to tune higher than 29 psi.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #14
So comes the next question....Why does no one offer the TIP and MAP sensor as a kit to upgrade the two if they are both required. I see a lot of just the 3.5 BAR MAP and that's it....No mention of TIP

Had this happen a few days ago. Does this mean I went above the stock sensor capability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So comes the next question....Why does no one offer the TIP and MAP sensor as a kit to upgrade the two if they are both required. I see a lot of just the 3.5 BAR MAP and that's it....No mention of TIP

They are not both required. Only the TIP is. I'll be doing a full write up on this, after I have more data. Everyone upgrades the TIP and leaves the map (manifold), because there is not a direct replacement available. But I'm working on something.