Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Brake Pad/Rotor Part Number Question

Hello,

I am looking for confirmation that I have the correct Ford part numbers before I purchase. I am aware that there are two different pad options, I am looking for the summer/more aggressive pad.

Front Pads- # AY1Z2001D

Rear Pads- # C1BZ2200A

Front Rotors- # AY1Z1125A

Rear Rotors- # C1BZ2C026A

Thank you.

Brianmc27

I bought centric rotors, but the pad numbers look good to go.

I just put mine in today from RockAuto

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
Thanks. Which Centrics did you choose? Cyro-treated?

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Good to know. Thanks for the help.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Nope, I just got the plain old centrics. Didn’t feel like it was worth the extra $100
I'm pondering the same thing. The OEM rotors are way more expensive than the Centric. Did you notice any difference on the Centric rotors (aside from cost) as compared to the OEM afterwards? thanks

the duke

I'm pondering the same thing. The OEM rotors are way more expensive than the Centric. Did you notice any difference on the Centric rotors (aside from cost) as compared to the OEM afterwards? thanks
Centrics are far better. I've run cryo-treated rotors on Time Trials and open track events and they wore very nice, haven't warped at all. Killed the pads and cooked the fluid every 2 events or so, but haven't changed the rotors in 2 years. I warped the OEM rotors on my 1st track day with more aggressive track pads.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Centrics are far better. I've run cryo-treated rotors on Time Trials and open track events and they were very nicely, haven't warped at all. I warped the OEM rotors on my 1st track day with more aggressive track pads.
Thanks for the reply! No difference in bite with centric rotors?

the duke

I changed my pads when I originally put the rotors on as part of a full R&R before a track day. The rotors shouldn't have much affect on bite, pad compound should have a much bigger influence.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I changed my pads when I originally put the rotors on as part of a full R&R before a track day. The rotors shouldn't have much affect on bite, pad compound should have a much bigger influence.
That's what I figured. Thanks for confirming.

On Rockauto, the OEMs are double the price of the Centrics. That is a STEEP difference.

the duke

If you really want to be convinced, Centric is owned by Stoptech (Or vice-versa rather). The rumor is the Centric blanks are just the non-drilled Stoptech rotors.

Erick_V

I just got done installing Centrics with OEM pads for $176.64 shipped via Rock Auto. Previously I had Stoptech slotted and Hawk HPS 5.0 pads on the front, which costs $261.25 w/ 5% discount. I did 4-5 hard stops from the top of 4th to about 20 and I'm satisfied so far. I honestly never was happy with the hawk pads and although the OEM pads dust like hell its a great sacrifice to make.

Attachments

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I just got done installing Centrics with OEM pads for $176.64 shipped via Rock Auto. Previously I had Stoptech slotted and Hawk HPS 5.0 pads on the front, which costs $261.25 w/ 5% discount. I did 4-5 hard stops from the top of 4th to about 20 and I'm satisfied so far. I honestly never was happy with the hawk pads and although the OEM pads dust like hell its a great sacrifice to make.
Thanks for the pics!

Last edited:
I am looking for confirmation that I have the correct Ford part numbers before I purchase. I am aware that there are two different pad options, I am looking for the summer/more aggressive pad.

Front Pads- # AY1Z2001D

Rear Pads- # C1BZ2200A

Front Rotors- # AY1Z1125A

Rear Rotors- # C1BZ2C026A

I feel really dumb, but the rotors are sold indivudally but the pads are sold as pairs right?
I would have to hypothetically buy 4 rotors (2 x front & 2 x rear) and 2 sets of brake pads (1 front & 1 rear) with each set containing an inner & outer pad for each wheel.