Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ford extended warranty

so i bought a ford extended warranty for like 2,400 for 30k do any of you have extended warranty's? do you think their worth it? im getting the vibe these things are pretty stout even when tuned and i'm keeping mine as is. so thoughts? i can cancel it anytime im pretty sure.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
so i bought a ford extended warranty for like 2,400 for 30k do any of you have extended warranty's? do you think their worth it? im getting the vibe these things are pretty stout even when tuned and i'm keeping mine as is. so thoughts? i can cancel it anytime im pretty sure.
Keeping it as is....famous last words...but you might, one never knows.

Lots of opinions on extended warranties....they are good, but cost a lot. Only 30k more miles than factory? How many more years?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FWIW, I got my extended warranty for ... under 2k, I think? and it paid off in the end; little things did add up for me. Failed clutch release bearing, axle support bearing, motor mounts, accessory belt pulley and tensioner replacement, evap valve replacement... Most of that happened after 5yr mark. I'm pretty sure that would get me over what I paid. I probably could've done a lot of that work myself but, you know, city apartment life, heh.

OP
T
Thread Starter #5
99% of the time extended warranties are never worth it.

I don't buy them and I don't recommend them.

I should add I never sell nor trade in my vehicles. I drive them till they turn to dust.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
99% of the time extended warranties are never worth it.

I don't buy them and I don't recommend them.

I should add I never sell nor trade in my vehicles. I drive them till they turn to dust.

dust lol

OP
T
Thread Starter #6
FWIW, I got my extended warranty for ... under 2k, I think? and it paid off in the end; little things did add up for me. Failed clutch release bearing, axle support bearing, motor mounts, accessory belt pulley and tensioner replacement, evap valve replacement... Most of that happened after 5yr mark. I'm pretty sure that would get me over what I paid. I probably could've done a lot of that work myself but, you know, city apartment life, heh.
nice, thankyou. and id like to auto x it and they said it doesn't void my warranty so i should also add that.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
With this car it actually will be dust from rust.

Unfortunately a lot of these cars have severe corrosion problems my car included even though I live in a area with no salt on the roads 99.9% of the time.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
well i live in so cal so I'm not really that worried about it.
any consensus on summer rubber mp4s?
Has nothing to do with salt at all. Like I said just search for it.
They do not make that in the OEM size, and I will not run a 205 45 to tall in my opinion.

OP
T
Thread Starter #12
i feel like ive been told they should be good. ive got alot of room now and even the dealer told me i could go up to 45 if i wanted. o wha? ok ill look it up thanks. no mp4s? any othe recs?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You can absolutely run a 205 45.
I personally would not I don't want that on my car, but yes you can absolutely run it.

And yes you can get that tire in a 205 45. They just don't make it in the OEM size 205 40.

Last edited:

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
It should be noted for newbies not every FiST has rust issues.....nor does every FiST have paint chip problems. Many have had issues and I think the plant in Mexico had very bad QC in the paint section. Some unlucky folks have a poorly mixed brittle paint that chipped easily and some have a more resilient normal coat. Some got lucky and some didn't. 2 Fist's, 5 and 3 years old in our family.....no rust and 1 very tiny paint chip. We got lucky........

The Ford and other warranties cover corrosion on panels and only if perforated (not surface rust), same with extended warranties if they even address corrosion. In other words joints and seams where some owners are having problems are not covered. The makers have valid reasons for doing this on top of saving money, first is the obvious salted roads problem and another is modifications that increase vibrations and flexing of these joints, a lift kit in a pick-up was used as an example where I read this, or collateral damage from an accident. So in reality the makers seldom pay out on warranty coverage for "corrosion". You may find a dealer willing to try and fix it.

If you have rust in seams in my opinion it is a death sentence, rust is like a cancer, cut it out or it will continue to grow. That is the only reason I would ever sell my Fifi. If you see rust in seams and joints run like hell from that car or to your bank for money. Buying a used car without a very critical inspection has always been the same, caveat emptor. [wrenchin]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It should be noted for newbies not every FiST has rust issues.....nor does every FiST have paint chip problems. Many have had issues and I think the plant in Mexico had very bad QC in the paint section. Some unlucky folks have a poorly mixed brittle paint that chipped easily and some have a more resilient normal coat. Some got lucky and some didn't. 2 Fist's, 5 and 3 years old in our family.....no rust and 1 very tiny paint chip. We got lucky........

The Ford and other warranties cover corrosion on panels and only if perforated (not surface rust), same with extended warranties if they even address corrosion. In other words joints and seams where some owners are having problems are not covered. The makers have valid reasons for doing this on top of saving money, first is the obvious salted roads problem and another is modifications that increase vibrations and flexing of these joints, a lift kit in a pick-up was used as an example where I read this, or collateral damage from an accident. So in reality the makers seldom pay out on warranty coverage for "corrosion". You may find a dealer willing to try and fix it.

If you have rust in seams in my opinion it is a death sentence, rust is like a cancer, cut it out or it will continue to grow. That is the only reason I would ever sell my Fifi. If you see rust in seams and joints run like hell from that car or to your bank for money. Buying a used car without a very critical inspection has always been the same, caveat emptor. [wrenchin]
Unfortunately I'm one of the unlucky ones. No salt ever. So far it seems to just be the hatch that has cancer. Need to give my doors a deep look.

Truly is a shame. I'm being dead serious when I say this I have never in my life had this problem before.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Unfortunately I'm one of the unlucky ones. No salt ever. So far it seems to just be the hatch that has cancer. Need to give my doors a deep look.

Truly is a shame. I'm being dead serious when I say this I have never in my life had this problem before.

I feel for you......sad.