Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta st2 2015 intake air system fault P2279-95

Hume

I need some help with my car I’m at a dead end. My car has been stage 2 for a couple of years and it’s now coming up engine malfunction service engine now on dash. This is an intermittent fault as I can drive it for a whole day and it will boost everywhere and no light comes on. When the light comes on it cuts the turbo. There is no strange noises coming off it. Any help or a push in the right direction would be much appreciated.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
What causes the P2279 code?
  • The engine control module (ECM) calculates the amount of air going into the engine through the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system. If the amount of air is more than expected then the Check Engine Light will come on and code P2279 is set.
  • The ECM learns the throttle opening angle and stores it in memory. If the throttle body is cleaned or adjusted without the throttle relearn process performed, then the code may be set.
  • The PCV valve or hose is leaking or cracked causing excess air to get into the engine unmetered.
https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/p2279-obd-ii-trouble-code-intake-air-system-leak-by-jay-safford