- Ford unveils new 200 PS Fiesta ST200 version of acclaimed Fiesta ST hot hatch delivering 10 per cent more power and 20 per cent more torque for 6.7 second 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) acceleration and even better in-gear performance
- Most powerful production Fiesta ever also features exclusive specification with unique Storm Grey exterior, machined matt black alloy wheels and special interior detailing
- New Ford Kuga makes European motor show debut in Geneva; offers ergonomic interior with SYNC 3 connectivity, bold and sporty exterior and fuel-efficient new 120 PS 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine
- All-new Ford GT road- and race-cars are displayed side-by-side for the first time in Europe
The acclaimed Ford Fiesta ST compact hot hatch is about to get even hotter.
Ford will today reveal ahead of the Geneva Motor Show a new Ford Fiesta ST200 model that delivers 10 per cent more power and 20 per cent more torque, with 200 PS and 290 Nm from a specially calibrated 1.6-litre EcoBoost petrol engine.
The most powerful production Fiesta ever, the Fiesta ST200 will sprint from 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) in 6.7 seconds, and will feature an exclusive specification including unique Storm Grey exterior, distinctive machined matt black alloy wheels and special interior detailing.
Production of the Fiesta ST200 begins in June with first deliveries to customers expected soon after.
"The Fiesta ST is truly beloved by owners and critics. The ST200 takes this special drivers' car to a new level of power and performance," said Joe Bakaj, vice president, Product Development, Ford of Europe. "I think it's a future classic in the making."
Also on display in Geneva will be the new Ford Kuga – making its European motor show debut – and road- and race-car versions of the Ford GT ultra-high-performance supercar side-by-side in Europe for the first time.
Fiesta ST 200
In addition to the exclusive exterior colour and 17-inch alloy wheel specification, Fiesta ST200 models also will feature red painted brake callipers and an enhanced interior with unique partial leather Charcoal Recaro front seats and contrasting silver stitching, alongside illuminated scuff plates and seatbelts with silver detailing.
The Fiesta ST200's 1.6-litre EcoBoost engine can deliver an additional 15 PS and 30 Nm of torque for up to 20 seconds using transient overboost. A 4.06 ratio final drive – shortened from 3.82 in the Fiesta ST – further enhances in-gear acceleration for improved drivability and an even more fun to drive experience. Top speed is 230 km/h (143 mph).
Like the Fiesta ST, the ST200 delivers optimised cornering and agility using:
- Enhanced Torque Vectoring Control and 3-mode Electronic Stability Control
- A specially modified front steering knuckle
- An adapted rear twist-beam with increased roll-stiffness
- Unique front and rear spring and damper settings with a 15 mm lower centre of gravity
- Sharper 13.69:1 steering ratio and shortened steering arm
- Enhanced braking system with a larger tandem brake master cylinder and rear disc brakes
The Fiesta ST launched in 2013, delivering 182 PS and 240 Nm of torque from a 1.6 litre EcoBoost engine and 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) acceleration in 6.9 seconds – quickly establishing itself as the Europe's leading compact performance hatchback and earning more than 20 awards around the world within its first year on sale. Ford has since sold 30,000 Fiesta STs in Europe.
"Whether it's the new Fiesta ST200, or our game-changing all-new Focus RS, or the groundbreaking Ford GT supercar, our Ford Performance offering has never been so strong," said Raj Nair, Ford executive vice president and chief technical officer, Global Product Development. "Ford's EcoBoost engine technology has enabled a Ford Performance model to suit every budget and lifestyle."