Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford has a hit!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Could it be irony that a website with "free" in the name has an article that is behind a pay wall?
Should it be Detroit Pay Press instead? 😜
Yeah of course it's not ironic because "free" in this context, actually means "independent" rather than 'no pay'. :)

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Unfortunately everyone will misinterpret the reasons for the Maverick's popularity. Everyone will rush to make mini crewcab pickups. But the real reason is price. Utility and features play into it, yes, but it's price.
I just want a little runabout truck, like this size. Nothing fancy, just seats, ac, a radio, 2wd, fits in a garage easily.

1641835308241.png

or or or a JDM kei truck!!

1641835897036.png

Last edited:
OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Unfortunately everyone will misinterpret the reasons for the Maverick's popularity. Everyone will rush to make mini crewcab pickups. But the real reason is price. Utility and features play into it, yes, but it's price.
Ya but the big deal is the fact that its the only hybrid small truck on the market. That is what attracts me. I used to own a Nissan Hardbody and I drove the shit out of that truck. It was great it handled like a sports car and hauled like a truck. I too wish is was not quad cab but none the less the small hybrid truck idea was brilliant. I am really quite surprised Ford beat out Toyota,Nissan or Honda on the concept. Unheard of gas mileage for a truck even a mini truck.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I believe this is a excellent vehicle, and it has actually changed my somewhat negative opinion of Ford. This is exactly what America needs a vehicle under $30,000 that has some utility with phenomenal fuel mileage if you get the hybrid. Which in my opinion is the only way you should buy this truck. I would 100% consider the Ford Maverick 5 years from now. I believe in this type of vehicle so much I actually purchased Ford stock because of it.
You can dislike this truck all you want it doesn't matter it will sell like crazy.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
I believe this is a excellent vehicle, and it has actually changed my somewhat negative opinion of Ford. This is exactly what America needs a vehicle under $30,000 that has some utility with phenomenal fuel mileage if you get the hybrid. Which in my opinion is the only way you should buy this truck. I would 100% consider the Ford Maverick 5 years from now. I believe in this type of vehicle so much I actually purchased Ford stock because of it.
You can dislike this truck all you want it doesn't matter it will sell like crazy.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
Yup I bought Ford stock as well but not just because of that it was also the order numbers for the F150 lightening EV pickup as well.