Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford locked up car while programming a new key?

So I'm in a rental, went to pick up my car after service for evap, sync update, and to have them program a second key and they said they messed something up programing and my car thought it was being stolen.

I have not done much research about the immobilizer system. On this car.

Sound right?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The good thing is that, they admitted the problem was their fault.
They also put you in a rental.

I am sure you will get it back soon.

Dave

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
Yeah I hope so. I've read some horror stories about having to fly a tech out from China to fix a similar issue.

Just nervous that's all. Also kinda upset that they neglected to tell me I needed under a half tank of gas to test my evap solenoid before I brought the car in.

They said the car is stuck on a lift with the wheel locked and it won't start with either key.

OP
D

DAPR

Thread Starter #4
Got the car back. They needed to program 2 new keys. They also tried to over charge me for the key and programming. I was told $85 and a half hour labor when I brought the car in for my evap issue and to fix some trim. Neither of those issues were fixed either. They wanted to charge me $240 for the key and programming after all the problems, I was heated. They did make it right and fixed the price to what I was quoted.

Good news is they replaced both half shafts under warranty. I read about the problem and checked of my car had an issue. Sure enough if I tapped the throttle I'd get a light clack noise.

OP
D

DAPR

Thread Starter #5
Also I did go back and apologize for being rude. I also informed them they left my car gross. They did offer to detail it. I'm bringing it back Tuesday, with less gas so they can actually run the evap test. Would have been nice to know that the first time.

It did look like they tried to keep it clean. When I got the car back there was a bag over my seats and a disposable floor mat.

dmb

Good job, years ago i went fishing on a boat in mexico, they had trash cans on the deck that we all used and filled them up. As we were pulling into port the deck hands dumped the cans into the water? sometimes you see things you never forget.

OP
D

DAPR

Thread Starter #7
Good job, years ago i went fishing on a boat in mexico, they had a trash cans on the deck that we all used and filled them up. As we were pulling into port the deck hands dumped the cans into the water? sometimes you see things you never forget.
Gross.